Rigby "Big Game" Model in 450 Rigby

Great shooting!!! Nothing like a beautiful rifle that shoots......except of course taking game with a beautiful rifle that shoots.

Good stuff hopefully your next target will be a good buffalo or something else big.

Had an awesome day at the range today, I received a new Rigby target with the rifle so I finally had a crack at putting 3 rounds onto the paper shooting it off the bench, well what I call my bench anyway which is just a shooting bag across the bonnet of my car. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out, managed a 0.8" group at 50m. Also managed to put 3 rounds offhand at 50m into a 2.7" group. Who said open sighted big bores aren't accurate!? I absolutely love this rifle now I am used to it.
View attachment 452332
View attachment 452330
View attachment 452331
View attachment 452333

What grade wood is that?

Beautiful piece.

I had it out on the range again just last weekend, I think I shoot this rifle with open sights better than any other I have ever had or tried before. Hoping I can shoot my new double just as well.
Keep us posted on the success in the field with it just nice when a rifle just lines up perfectly.

I had it out on the range again just last weekend, I think I shoot this rifle with open sights better than any other I have ever had or tried before. Hoping I can shoot my new double just as well.
Please refresh my memory, what is your new double?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renier08

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!