Rigby "Big Game" Model in 450 Rigby

Great shooting!!! Nothing like a beautiful rifle that shoots......except of course taking game with a beautiful rifle that shoots.

Good stuff hopefully your next target will be a good buffalo or something else big.

Had an awesome day at the range today, I received a new Rigby target with the rifle so I finally had a crack at putting 3 rounds onto the paper shooting it off the bench, well what I call my bench anyway which is just a shooting bag across the bonnet of my car. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out, managed a 0.8" group at 50m. Also managed to put 3 rounds offhand at 50m into a 2.7" group. Who said open sighted big bores aren't accurate!? I absolutely love this rifle now I am used to it.
View attachment 452332
View attachment 452330
View attachment 452331
View attachment 452333

What grade wood is that?

Beautiful piece.

I had it out on the range again just last weekend, I think I shoot this rifle with open sights better than any other I have ever had or tried before. Hoping I can shoot my new double just as well.
Keep us posted on the success in the field with it just nice when a rifle just lines up perfectly.

I had it out on the range again just last weekend, I think I shoot this rifle with open sights better than any other I have ever had or tried before. Hoping I can shoot my new double just as well.
Please refresh my memory, what is your new double?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdellStarn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.