Richland Arms AKA Pedersoli 828 28 ga o/u

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I didn't plan on buying any guns this year but this one popped up for sale and immediately I was interested. I emailed the seller and asked what the weight of the gun was as it looked very trim. They responded with 5 pounds 7 ounces. I was now very interested as I have wanted a light o/u 28 ga for quite a while.

My search for one has gone on since I was around 14 when I found two Beretta Silver Pigeon grade V's on a used rack at Gander Mountain. I don't believe they were actually used but maybe just closeouts. They were gorgeous and priced well at around $1600 each. If you find an older model grade V (not the newer rounded checkering panel version) today at $4000 and really want it you had better buy it as it will sell quickly. My mother couldn't afford to buy anything like that so we had to reluctantly walk away. They sold quickly to I'm sure a very happy person or persons.

Here is the Pedersoli next to the seemingly gigantic Browning Gold Hunter 12 ga which my mother did graciously surprise me with one Christmas.

It's choked full and full and doesn't have ejectors but that's alright. LOP is a bit short so a recoil pad will be added shortly. It is sweet to carry and will make grouse hunting even more pleasurable.

20231118_130447.jpg

20231118_130412.jpg

20231118_130849.jpg

20231118_131231.jpg

I like the 28 gauge as a step up over the 410 for developing and working younger shooters up into a 12 or 20 gauge.

Ok, I confess....I thoroughly enjoy shooting and using my 28 gauge auto rather than a12 gauge as the 28 is a fun, lightweight gun to hunt small game and upland birds with.

Reactions: CJW
I like the 28 gauge as a step up over the 410 for developing and working younger shooters up into a 12 or 20 gauge.

Ok, I confess....I thoroughly enjoy shooting and using my 28 gauge auto rather than a12 gauge as the 28 is a fun, lightweight gun to hunt small game and upland birds with.

Carrying a fat shotgun through brush for hours on end does take some of the fun out of it. Especially when it turns into climbing through brush.

I shot a 1 oz load of 5's to see how the full chokes pattern. Not too bad but you sure feel it with the plastic buttplate. Still have to try 3/4 oz loads of 8's and 9's.

20231119_114045.jpg

Carrying a fat shotgun through brush for hours on end does take some of the fun out of it. Especially when it turns into climbing through brush.
....and while trying to climb up and down some of these steep Tennessee hills.

Love the 28ga! Enjoy!

My Beretta 686 in 28ga is my favorite shotgun these days except for large birds like duck. That Pedersoli is a sweet looking shotgun! I like how that skip-line checkering looks on it.

Beretta o/us are always nice little guns.

The skip line checkering sure looks at home on the right firearm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieHowe

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.