Remington closing plant in Ilion NY after 207 years

Nothing new, the pols there are even driving Wall Street financial firms out of the state.

Well look at RIA, new location in gun friendly God blessed Texas! And S&W moved. Where did that revenue go?

Right. Let's blame it on the unions and liberals. That outfit has been under shitshow management for decades. The poster child for screwy corporate decisions. I'm a business historian who'd love to get his hands on the company records. More drama than a soap opera script.

Right. Let's blame it on the unions and liberals. That outfit has been under shitshow management for decades. The poster child for screwy corporate decisions. I'm a business historian who'd love to get his hands on the company records. More drama than a soap opera script.
The Remington you know and think of under “shitshow management” with “screwy corporate decisions” is vastly different from the Remington Arms of today. With their bankruptcy and division of brands they’re two totally different companies with different leadership.

Having grown up in the Northeast, the liberal mindset, politicians, and taxes of those states is a major contributing factor for their departure from New York, as well as numerous other companies departures. Their CEO even publicly said the legislature (which is liberal) is a contributing factor. There’s a reason almost all of the major firearms brands from Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York have fled those states. There’s very few holdouts left and many have plants and offices outside those states for a reason. So yes …. blame the liberals

Last edited:
I grew up in the Mohawk Valley less than half an hour from the plant. My family had friends who worked there. I'm restraining myself because your ignorant comments have me vexed at the moment. At the risk of feeding the trolls, the unions and liberal NYS government are EXACTLY what has closed this plant as stated earlier by @Mtn_Infantry.

Seeing RemArms do well is good for the gun industry and a rising tide raises all boats. Good luck to them in Georgia.

Aren’t you the same guy who ran away to Canada (liberal Ontario at that) after getting fired for working too hard in the USA? I think that story likely has more drama than that soap opera script. There’s a reason business historians get PhDs instead of running businesses.

Starting on July 1st, Rem Arms Model 700 rifles will come with factory installed Timney triggers. Interesting.

They already are coming with Timney triggers. Only issue is they are a fixed NON adjustable trigger especially made for Remington. I already have a box full of them. Every customer that has bought a new Remington has had me install a Trigger Tech in the last 2 months.

The Remington you know and think of under “shitshow management” with “screwy corporate decisions” is vastly different from the Remington Arms of today. With their bankruptcy and division of brands they’re two totally different companies with different leadership.

Having grown up in the Northeast, the liberal mindset, politicians, and taxes of those states is a major contributing factor for their departure from New York, as well as numerous other companies departures. Their CEO even publicly said the legislature (which is liberal) is a contributing factor. There’s a reason almost all of the major firearms brands from Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York have fled those states. There’s very few holdouts left and many have plants and offices outside those states for a reason. So yes …. blame the liberals
I have a very close relationship with many of the major firearm manufacturers in the northeast. The only reason they haven’t all completely moved away is strictly financial. Beleive me, if they could leave, they would.

"Unions and Liberals" are a plague on free enterprise. That's universal and has nothing to do with Remington. It's is a distorted frame of mind that destroys ALL the economies when they get a foothold.

In the northeastern and mid Atlantic states, taxpayers and jobs are leaving, the population is aging, illegals are flooding in and the politicians are doing nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Edit: The voters that put them there have proved the adage, if you're stupid or dead, everyone around you knows it but you.

Last edited:
Aren’t you the same guy who ran away to Canada (liberal Ontario at that) after getting fired for working too hard in the USA? I think that story likely has more drama than that soap opera script. There’s a reason business historians get PhDs instead of running businesses.
Well, let's look at the business decisions before the collapse. Taking over those other gun companies when Remington itself was on the ropes was dumb. And the crap they put out wasn't helping. Turning the 870 into Express trash was disgraceful. Just the other day I talked to a farmer who made the mistake of buying one and, like almost everyone else who owns an 870 Express, he couldn't get it to eject. He wrote Remington and they sent him instructions on how to polish the chamber. Yeah, HE'S supposed to do the repairs to make THEIR gun work? Staff in the gun shop have to work hard to keep those Express guns from rusting on the shelf. Get one wet duck hunting and your black gun just turned red. Remington already makes one cheap junker pump shotgun that no one will buy (877 I think it's called ... I've only seen a handful on the shelf). Why mess up a model that had a great reputation? To make a fast buck selling junk. And we all know about the "Remington moment" that plagued the Model 700 for decades. How long did it take them to make that gun safe? The decline in quality of Marlin products under Remington ownership is well known. Or maybe it's just malicious rumor? Then they buy out Montana Rifle Company's barrel making business and ship it to Alabama because that state made them "tax incentive" bribes Montana wouldn't agree to. But they never built the plant in Alabama. I understand the stuff is still sitting down there gathering rust. I'm told they also acquired the rest of Montana Rifle but unsure if it's true. Wouldn't surprise me. The new Montana Rifle Company's quality control issues and terrible support are fast ruining a great reputation the Sipes built from scratch.

I don't expect Remington to survive in Georgia either. The company has gone too far down the toilet. Too much competition from other gun makers that haven't made the mistake of getting too big too fast. Only a large government defense contract will save them and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.