PSA. Word on street is Hornady about to pump out some 375 ruger and 416 ruger brass.

Is there a link about this rumor?

I have some on backorder from Optics Planet and they keep pushing the ship date back. So like others, I'll believe it when I see it. But thanks for the heads up.

Checked rugers website and they say 416 ruger rifles are available with 375s being made. Glad they figured out they need to feed them as well…

Where did you find it? Trying to find 375, I've seen a lot of websites that are scams. Literally every website I've found that says they have it in stock is a scam.
I found two boxes of 416 Ruger ammo at my local Sportsman's Warehouse

It’s starting to trickle out. They released a batch of 416 and 375 Ruger rifles so I guess they thought they should put some ammo out for them. Ha

Meanwhile, 375 HH ammo is freely available.

If you buy the latest and greatest, best to buy a lifetime supply of ammo/cases while it is still being heavily promoted and on the cover of every gun magazine.

No .405 Winchester?!?!

Got email from opticsplanet.com that my 416 Ruger ammo is shipping Dec 13th. Probably a good time to order some even if it says back order.

We have some in hand and can get these in 375 Ruger and 416 Ruger if anyone needs
Hornady 375 Ruger DGS or DGX
$89 per box
Hornady 416 Ruger 400gr DGX
Only 6 boxes available $105 per box

Last edited:
Any brass or just loaded ammo? If brass I’ll take 2 boxes of 375 Ruger.

Any brass or just loaded ammo? If brass I’ll take 2 boxes of 375 Ruger.

Just loaded ammo. No brass at this time.

Meanwhile, 375 HH ammo is freely available.

If you buy the latest and greatest, best to buy a lifetime supply of ammo/cases while it is still being heavily promoted and on the cover of every gun magazine.
Yes. If it's a Hornady or Nosler or any other manufacturer's proprietary cartridge, you'd better buy a bunch of brass and available factory ammo and dies for that cartridge before it is relegated to the dust bin of the "latest and greatest" cartridge that has since been replaced by the newest offering. We've seen this same movie over and over again since the WSSM, SAUMS and WSMs have faded into cartridge obsolescence and soon to be followed by the Nosler, Ruger Compact Magnums, 6 and 6.5, 6.8, 7mm this or that cartridges. Buy the rifle chambered in the cartridge you want but buy the ammo and at least the brass (if not the dies) at the same time. It's just the current state of affairs and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong0

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.