Politics

Me too and I don’t believe people with opposing views immediately need to be brandished as evil. Have the conversation and try to come to some sort of a logical conclusion. It isn’t always possible, but it is a goal all should have.
I too felt that people with views different than mine needn't be considered evil, even though I felt many of the policies they advocated for were indeed evil and that the people cheering them on to those policies were most likely evil themselves.
Then, on Oct 7, a group of terrorists invaded a neighboring country, raped and massacred over 1200 non-combatants, seized over 200 hostages and today can't find 40 of them alive. And the people I didn't think evil defended them and cheered them on.
If you're on the side of evil because you're a fool, you're still on the side of evil.

My suspicion is that Trump will be unelectable by November, so you won't need to make that tough choice. It will end up being RFK2 vs Biden, plus an ineligible Trump that receives 1/3rd of the national vote even if he can't run or win, whichever the case.

I find RFK2 intriguing, because he might actually deescalate the RNC/DNC tension that has become meteoric. We need to excise the 10% extreme of both parties from the system, an independent might be a catalyst to doing just that.
I don’t care for RFK2 but I think you could be correct about Trump being unelectable, as much as I hate to see it.

I don’t think a lot of people fully appreciate how much trouble Trump is in. Unless he gets the $454M judgement against him lowered, he will be broke. There’s no way that the verdict will be reversed. It came out at trial that he knowingly tripled the size of his personal penthouse square footage on loan documents. Say what you want about inflated values on other real estate but he surely knew the actual square footage of his home. Real estate is his primary business. Definitely not the crime of the century that it’s been made out to be but they got him on a technicality. His only hope is to lower the fine/judgement.

Then, there are the criminal cases. He’s on tape admitting things and trying to get other people to obstruct justice and hide things. I think he’s going down for some of the things he’s charged with but he might be elected before some of these possible convictions. What then? Will he really pardon himself? You better believe he will! There’s no question in my mind that if he gets elected that he will pardon himself. It will be interesting to see how the Supreme Court comes down on a self-pardon. Interesting times!

Two observations on RFK,Jr

(1) Hollywood used to go nuts over him at Deer Valley Waterkeepers Alliance Skifest, now he's a kook.
(2) He's still a D, and and a Green New Dealer.

He’s an avid conservationist, a lifelong falconer, and a true friend to back country hunters and anglers. He is also a classic environmentalist in the best sense of the term: He attacked GM for dumping their paint in the Hudson, each day you could tell what color they were spraying. He took out dirty coal power plants that had high mercury emissions (but isn’t anti coal or anti coal energy). He fought for clean water in the filthiest watershed in America (The Hudson Valley) and over 20 years he was able to eradicate the polluters, they restored the native fishery, and it is now a thriving commercial fishing estuary.

Basically, he doesn’t fit the Dem/Rep narrative. He isn’t blindly anti fossil fuel. He isn’t naively pro-pollution.

In other words, he’s actually practical and independent.

Last edited:
I don’t care for RFK2 but I think you could be correct about Trump being unelectable, as much as I hate to see it.

I don’t think a lot of people fully appreciate how much trouble Trump is in. Unless he gets the $454M judgement against him lowered, he will be broke. There’s no way that the verdict will be reversed. It came out at trial that he knowingly tripled the size of his personal penthouse square footage on loan documents. Say what you want about inflated values on other real estate but he surely knew the actual square footage of his home. Real estate is his primary business. Definitely not the crime of the century that it’s been made out to be but they got him on a technicality. His only hope is to lower the fine/judgement.

Then, there are the criminal cases. He’s on tape admitting things and trying to get other people to obstruct justice and hide things. I think he’s going down for some of the things he’s charged with but he might be elected before some of these possible convictions. What then? Will he really pardon himself? You better believe he will! There’s no question in my mind that if he gets elected that he will pardon himself. It will be interesting to see how the Supreme Court comes down on a self-pardon. Interesting times!
You got to be at your lowest point in life to pardon yourself as the president.

You got to be at your lowest point in life to pardon yourself as the president.
Then there’s the inevitable Impeachment that will follow if he’s convicted while a sitting president. I would think that some felony convictions would definitely be defined as “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” so there you go. Another Impeachment. We could have avoided all the coming drama had we elected Desantis in the Primary.

Yea I thought better of it afterwards
It would be a fun discussion and debate if in person but people get too upset on the internet. I’m speaking from personal experience in and of myself! Lol. :LOL:

"We must deny these terror groups Iran's resources by permanently freezing the $6B in Qatar, and the $10B in Iraq, and enforcing sanctions for China's purchases of Iranian oil".....Senator Jim Risch, ranking member of Senate Foreign Relations Comm. Risch said Biden had waived sanctions on Iran and freed up somewhere between $10B and $50B for them. ( Nov 23)) and now I see Joe has approved $26B for Israel. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't confirm it. Maybe Sen Risch mistaken. Joe can't be stupid enough to fund both sides of the Gaza war, can he?.........FWB

It’s on the internet so it’s gotta be true, I heard a guy on cnn say it was so, so it’s got to be fact, guy down the street that walks the neighbors dogs cousin said he heard it from the guy that heard it on msnbc. Joe Biden said in 2022 that he was going to put Trump in jail, with the most corrupt AG and DOJ in the history of this country directing the stooge DA’s and State AG in New York and Ga to do exactly what they are doing, it could actually happen.

Just saw where Pelosi couldn’t stand it and is trying her hand at meddling in Israel’s government. That is a fact.

Ironic that Pelosi and Schiff spearheaded Trump’s first impeachment claiming Russian meddling in Trump’s election which was all a made-up lie based on a false document paid for by Hi Larry’s campaign. IIRC the Muller report came to that conclusion after spending something north of 25 mil in the process.

Also… Curious when will one of the piece-of-crap Dems, RINOS, closet Dems, Neocons or Brandon demand a cease fire in the Ukraine-Russo war? I’m waiting……..

Last edited:
Just saw where Pelosi couldn’t stand it and is trying her hand at meddling in Israel’s government. That is a fact.

Ironic that Pelosi and Schiff spearheaded Trump’s first impeachment claiming Russian meddling in Trump’s election which was all a made-up lie based on a false document paid for by Hi Larry’s campaign. IIRC the Muller report came to that conclusion after spending something north of 25 mil in the process.

Also… Curious when will one of the piece-of-crap Dems, RINOS, closet Dems, Neocons or Brandon demand a cease fire in the Ukraine-Russo war? I’m waiting……..

And they are walking around without a care for what they done. No accountability.

I guess you and I have a different definition of violence.

No Sir...

What we differ on is the distinction between a "like" posted on a social media site to political rhetoric that is not meant to be taken literally compared to countless, ongoing direct calls for actual violence and confrontation by just about every lunatic democrat politician and pundit that has had a platform since 2016... The fact that you are unable or unwilling to distinguish the difference is the problem, and frankly why I can no longer respect anyone with a (D) next to their name...

I included a link as just one of scores of examples of what I am referring to... I chose CNN's coverage so you can't accuse me of citing a source favorable to my narrative...

Again, hardly a revelation that the right wing has entertained some fascist elements in the past. But if naming two antisemite candidates, the antisemitic QAnon movement, Trump dining with an antisemite, or William Buckley writing on multiple occasions about the need to excise antisemitic elements from the conservative movement is somehow not good enough for you, then I am at a loss.

Once again, your assertion is offensive and ridiculous... Naming a couple of individuals that have run for political office that have these extreme views is hardly representative of the politics of millions upon millions of people over generations. Accusing an entire political ideology of entertaining fascism and antisemitism based on the views of a small handful of individuals is silly... By that logic, I guess every democrat must be a racist because Brandon delivered Robert Byrd's eulogy...

Applying that same flawed logic, if Trump attending a dinner with an antisemite makes every republican antisemitic, then Obama, who obviously speaks for every democrat, must also be an antisemite considering his long-time association with Jerimiah Wright or his co-attendance at numerous events with Louis Farrakhan... This is the exact kind nonsensical rationalization that has created and continues to perpetuate this divisiveness.

Last edited:

Doubtful the amount of the judgment will stand. I would expect a much smaller amount if anything. The criminal state cases will be reversed on appeal. The federal case, he has a defense the presidential records act.

I liked Haley and Desantis

But let’s be honest the liberals would have shredded Haley by now if she were the nominee.

As they did Romney. A decent person. And they crushed him.

DeSantis may fair better against the Clinton Obama machine.

But let’s be honest the liberals would have shredded Haley by now if she were the nominee.

I respectfully think otherwise. She’s not a flip-flopper like Romney. Plus, as a woman, she would get votes from center, center-left and center-right women - probably more than Desantis. One thing is for sure now, we will never know exactly.

Hmmm, Haley does come across as pretty tough though.

It would be a fun discussion and debate if in person but people get too upset on the internet. I’m speaking from personal experience in and of myself! Lol. :LOL:
Problem with discussing religion is that you are discussing faith. So, not a discussion based on logic. Monty Python’s “Life of Brian” showcases the futility of religious discussions/disagreements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamisonPro

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.