Politics

Just off the top of my head, MTG supported several messages on social media about executing members of Congress.

How exactly does one define "support" of messages posted on social media? Do you mean she reposted or liked something that someone else posted? Are you specifically citing her FB posts before she was elected to Congress where she hit the like button to a post that suggested a "bullet to the head' would be quicker solution in dealing with child abusers? In as much as her so-called support for executing members of Congress, she hit the like button again to the suggestion that Pelosi and Schumer could be executed if they were tried and found guilty of treason... Hopefully, you can see that context makes all the difference in any so-called support for violence on MTG's part... I think it's important to see the context of your assertions before claiming that she has openly supported any message calling for or condoning violence. If your source is CNN that runs a 24/7 smear campaign on all republicans, that's a big part of the problem right there... Regardless, if you view the above examples as condoning violence, I guess I am guilty as well, because I agree with MTG at least in these two instances...

Jews are not a voting monolith, but do tend to favor democrats for a few reasons. Foremost is that Jews tend more than most to be classically and socially liberal. Jews also tend to be located in more urban areas. Historically, the Republican Party and conservative movement at large have been more willing to flirt with antisemitic and ethnonationalist ideas. However, I do think that the current and possibly future trend of the Democratic Party will result in many voting differently.

70% of Jews voting democrat is the very definition of a monolith... That's not a mere tendency to lean to the left... That's a strong representative majority in a very defined demographic.

As far as your assertion that republicans and conservatives historically are willing to "flirt" with antisemitic ideas is both offensive and absurd... Please feel free to provide me with examples, and/or data to support this assertion. This may be your feeling, and you are entitled to feel any way you like, but this is the kind of inflammatory circumstantial rhetoric that only widens the divisiveness in this country.

And you are clearly a good parent for doing so. It would also be unfair to dismiss the impact that you had in shaping who your children have become and how they look at the world.

I am not endorsing that people should vote the same as their parents, but the statistics show that they overwhelmingly do, just as people are overwhelmingly the same religion as their parents.
I’m inviting you to become a Republican. It’s not too late. Even if you can’t vote for Trump, we could use your help with other candidates and issues. It’s time to protect this country and turn back the tide on the extreme left. This country is becoming unrecognizable in many ways. Has anyone ever asked you to join before?

70% of Jews voting democrat is the very definition of a monolith... That's not a mere tendency to lean to the left... That's a strong representative majority in a very defined demographic.

70% is certainly a majority but not a "monolith" by definition.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 133434.png

Screenshot 2024-04-23 133249.jpg

Either or both work, whatever you prefer.
The easiest claim is that life cannot be claimed by man, technology, theory, or historical evidence. It’s an impossible claim to say that a higher power has not created life. Anyone who is an outdoor advocate appreciates what they see as a creation. The creation is not just some random accident of atoms that randomly collected together.

Another point to make is that humans are not just meat-sacks with random chemical reactions in their brains. Science has zero evidence for the creation of life or even the universe. Therefore, outdoorsmen (generally) are challenged to believe in a shallow theory, of chance, for the creation of life.

Not every democrat is anti-gun, I am not a single-issue voter, and the composition of the Senate and SCOTUS have made any new gun control effectively an impossibility.
But that’s no thanks to the democrats. Their current impotence on the issue shouldn’t be an endorsement.

The easiest claim is that life cannot be claimed by man, technology, theory, or historical evidence. It’s an impossible claim to say that a higher power has not created life. ...
And it is also an impossible claim to say that a higher power has created life. It is just faith, and nothing is wrong with that.

The easiest claim is that life cannot be claimed by man, technology, theory, or historical evidence. It’s an impossible claim to say that a higher power has not created life. Anyone who is an outdoor advocate appreciates what they see as a creation. The creation is not just some random accident of atoms that randomly collected together.

Another point to make is that humans are not just meat-sacks with random chemical reactions in their brains. Science has zero evidence for the creation of life or even the universe. Therefore, outdoorsmen (generally) are challenged to believe in a shallow theory, of chance, for the creation of life.

OK, thanks. This is a debate as old as consciousness that neither side can definitively prove, so as Tanks said, it's a matter of faith (and there is nothing wrong with that).

I was mostly just curious why it's surprising that sportsmen/outdoorsmen in particular are agnostic or atheists vs. people with other interests/hobbies.

Science has zero proof but it also wasn't Adam and Eve.
As a Deist I believe the higher power created the system but evolution happened after that and its scientifically proven.

How exactly does one define "support" of messages posted on social media? Do you mean she reposted or liked something that someone else posted? Are you specifically citing her FB posts before she was elected to Congress where she hit the like button to a post that suggested a "bullet to the head' would be quicker solution in dealing with child abusers? In as much as her so-called support for executing members of Congress, she hit the like button again to the suggestion that Pelosi and Schumer could be executed if they were tried and found guilty of treason... Hopefully, you can see that context makes all the difference in any so-called support for violence on MTG's part... I think it's important to see the context of your assertions before claiming that she has openly supported any message calling for or condoning violence. If your source is CNN that runs a 24/7 smear campaign on all republicans, that's a big part of the problem right there... Regardless, if you view the above examples as condoning violence, I guess I am guilty as well, because I agree with MTG at least in these two instances..
The comment she liked about “bullet to the head would be quicker” was about how to remove Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. She liked a comment about Barack Obama that said “hang that bitch.” In reference to those in the FBI that she believes to be part of the so-called “deep state,” she liked a comment that said “these traitors need to be put to death.”
And yet I would love those numbers on a jury if I were a defendant.
As far as your assertion that republicans and conservatives historically are willing to "flirt" with antisemitic ideas is both offensive and absurd... Please feel free to provide me with examples, and/or data to support this assertion. This may be your feeling, and you are entitled to feel any way you like, but this is the kind of inflammatory circumstantial rhetoric that only widens the divisiveness in this country.
I guess William Buckley was just wasting his time trying to fill pages in the National Review. Then there are the candidacies of David Duke and Pat Buchanan (I still watched him every Saturday evening on the McLaughlin Group). And let us not forget QAnon or Trump dining with Nick Fuentes. I could go on.

My intention was not to disparage anyone here, or anyone in the Republican Party or conservative movement more broadly. However, it is not exactly a radical new idea to suggest that the right wing has its problems with fascism just as the left wing has its problems with communism.

I’m inviting you to become a Republican. It’s not too late. Even if you can’t vote for Trump, we could use your help with other candidates and issues. It’s time to protect this country and turn back the tide on the extreme left. This country is becoming unrecognizable in many ways. Has anyone ever asked you to join before?
Honestly, I was pretty much there in 2016, so much so that I voted for Trump. That was a mistake. I am extremely close now, but I will not be making that same mistake. Chances are, if the Republican candidate is not a MAGA loon, I will probably vote for them over a progressive Democrat. If Nikki Haley were the nominee and able to reshape the GOP accordingly, I likely would switch parties. I dare say there is a quite sizable number of Democrats who share this sentiment. If only either of the parties would realize just how many votes in the center are truly up for grabs.

Hard to believe how many Jews are Dems. Exactly what was/is it about the Dem Party, in its history, convinced any Jew that was the political party for them? BHO's 8 years in office were the most antisemitic, anti-israel, anti-Jew of any US admin I'm aware of. I don't get it! I guess when growing up in a lie, with all around you having been brainwashed in that same lie, it is hard to re-set the brain. No one has explained it....

I'm not a Jew, but the least antisemitic person I know. I have great admiration for their history and Israel's place in history. Israel remains one of our only true allies, anywhere and most certainly our only true ally in that region of the planet. We'd better pay attention! I went to school with an Israeli, a '67 War veteran. We visited quite a bit about the Mid-East and it's history and the survival mentality of the citizens of Israel. We in this country have no clue about fighting for survival. That acquaintance and his sharing of perspectives was eye opening for me after growing up in the average, secure and take-it-for granted society we enjoy here In the US. Complacent and ignorant we are!

On a parallel track, here is something frightening for me and should be to anyone paying attention.... unless you want yet another BHO for prez post Brandon. On any US House speech coverage featuring Hakeem Jeffries. Pay attention to his message, especially his mannerisms and presentation. Dollars to donuts he practiced in front of a mirror while watching BHO's presentation.
Hakeem Jeffries is going to get a promotion in the not so distant future.

Honestly, I was pretty much there in 2016, so much so that I voted for Trump. That was a mistake. I am extremely close now, but I will not be making that same mistake. Chances are, if the Republican candidate is not a MAGA loon, I will probably vote for them over a progressive Democrat. If Nikki Haley were the nominee and able to reshape the GOP accordingly, I likely would switch parties. I dare say there is a quite sizable number of Democrats who share this sentiment. If only either of the parties would realize just how many votes in the center are truly up for grabs.

My suspicion is that Trump will be unelectable by November, so you won't need to make that tough choice. It will end up being RFK2 vs Biden, plus an ineligible Trump that receives 1/3rd of the national vote even if he can't run or win, whichever the case.

I find RFK2 intriguing, because he might actually deescalate the RNC/DNC tension that has become meteoric. We need to excise the 10% extreme of both parties from the system, an independent might be a catalyst to doing just that.

1713900998247.jpeg

1713901045477.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atax300

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.