Politics

There are a lot of Democrats who are user of guns and hunters. I know enough of them. The biggest mistake conservatives make is to paint all the democrats with one brush.
Sure but they don’t place the 2A high enough in their beliefs, as well as other freedoms of choice.

sorry to cherry pick just that bit of your post but it jumped off the page to me.

The government needs to get the hell out of the education system. Period. The Dept of Edu should cease to exist and all strings and attachments and industries connected with it.
We've become a system of money laundering for the Democratic party via treating children as a butts-in-seat commodity for funding with a slimy frosting layer of indoctrination on the cake.

I can hear them crying "but what about the children... education is a human right..." and other drivel.

Shut it down.

We're talking about two completely different things..

youre talking about US federal government being involved in education...

Im talking about the system itself..

FWIW most institutions (public) are owned by the states.. and are governed by those states..

The US Federal Govt, via the Dept of Education oversees SOME (limited) aspects of accreditation.. and they get their hooks into both private and public institutions through a variety of financial means (grants, etc)... which the states are welcome to pass on (although we all know they wont)..

But thats not what Im talking about at all.. The same rings true of most agencies.. the Fed govt attempts to influence or oversee things that are inherently states rights (like law enforcement for example.. you'd be amazed (and seriously upset and disappointed) if you knew how much the federal govt controls even at the local law enforcement level.. all because of.. wait for it.... MONEY...

What I am talking about is the way universities are functionally designed and how they operate..

They are so screwed up they warrant a thread of their own.. that has nothing to do with the federal govt.. but it has A LOT of impact on rising costs, quality of education, etc..etc..

Jews are not a voting monolith, but do tend to favor democrats for a few reasons. Foremost is that Jews tend more than most to be classically and socially liberal. Jews also tend to be located in more urban areas. Historically, the Republican Party and conservative movement at large have been more willing to flirt with antisemitic and ethnonationalist ideas. However, I do think that the current and possibly future trend of the Democratic Party will result in many voting differently.
I understand that most Jews live in cities and are surrounded by lots of other liberals but this excuse is used by lots of non-Jews as well and I always wonder why they/you lost critical thinking skills? I kept mine in school and college. The problem is parental apathy and lack of discussion at the dinner table. I succeeded keeping three of my four kids from getting indoctrinated. The fourth has come around quite a bit since becoming a parent and working for a living but still not right of center.

My bad. I DID cherry pick just a part of it and kinda ran with it.
Still... i think the common POV we share is that government (perhaps just Federal but in my opinion... ANY) involvement corrupts the institution of education generally.

There are a lot of Democrats who are user of guns and hunters. I know enough of them. The biggest mistake conservatives make is to paint all the democrats with one brush.
I realize that I live in Texas. Things are different other places. I’m also employed in the oil and gas industry, on the service side. I DON’T PERSONALLY KNOW A SINGLE DEMOCRAT THAT IS A USER OF GUNS OR A HUNTER. ( Other than gang bangers and armed robbers, who I’ll agree lean Democrat)

(Who am I kidding? I only know 2 or 3 Democrats)

IMG_2491.jpeg

We all know the dems are well known as the baby murdering party, but I don't see how anyone can claim to be a democrat and gunowner at the same time either. I also don't understand how any outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman, etc can also be agnostic or atheist.
" I also don`t understand how any outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman, etc can be agnostic or atheist"

Read the bible. It clearly states why. Atleast if you are a christian.

Your present political system hasn`t reformed itself in ages. You only have two parties to swallow it all up in your society. There is no nuances. People are stuffed into one box of either you are this or that. Everything in the US are politicized. It destroys more. The earlier generation of americans was much more levelheaded. Today the US looks like a circus with bad artist.

Recent poll on issues. I am really surprised why Biden concentrates so much on "climate change". Low hanging fruit maybe, and no way to really show results, just effort that he can show as an accomplishment. Not to mention the financial incentives for donors etc.. Immigration he can do something about that would show results, but then he'd lose the left flank of his party. Personally, I don't even know what threats to Democracy is though they have tried to tie Trump to it.

1713889240880.png

Not looking forward to going to NYC tomorrow. I hope that one day SCOTUS will recognize a national right to carry.
NYC judge just ruled, The 2nd Amendment does not exist here, this is New York".
I need to correct myself, he didn't Rule that, just stated it in court when warning defendant's attorney not to use 2A as a defense.

Last edited:
I need to correct myself, he didn't Rule that, just stated it in court when warning defendant's attorney not to use 2A as a defense.

I guess they are not concerned about being reversed on appeal.

I understand that most Jews live in cities and are surrounded by lots of other liberals but this excuse is used by lots of non-Jews as well and I always wonder why they/you lost critical thinking skills? I kept mine in school and college. The problem is parental apathy and lack of discussion at the dinner table. I succeeded keeping three of my four kids from getting indoctrinated. The fourth has come around quite a bit since becoming a parent and working for a living but still not right of center.
I am a little confused as to what you mean with regard to my comment about cities.

As I see it, urban environments tend to cultivate more left-leaning voters for a number of reasons. First is that Democratic policies tend to lend themselves to more urban living. Second, cities have higher concentrations of young voters, which generally shifts the overall politics to the left. Most importantly, though, would be that people overwhelmingly vote the same as their families. If your parents voted Democrat for any of the reasons I mentioned above, chances are you will too. This is the same reason why there are still a few pockets of the deep South that will always vote Democrat.

I am a little confused as to what you mean with regard to my comment about cities.

As I see it, urban environments tend to cultivate more left-leaning voters for a number of reasons. First is that Democratic policies tend to lend themselves to more urban living. Second, cities have higher concentrations of young voters, which generally shifts the overall politics to the left. Most importantly, though, would be that people overwhelmingly vote the same as their families. If your parents voted Democrat for any of the reasons I mentioned above, chances are you will too. This is the same reason why there are still a few pockets of the deep South that will always vote Democrat.
People shouldn’t blindly follow anyone, even their parents. Too many sheep and not enough critical thinking and analysis of policies. I encouraged my kids to ask questions, look at all angles and take the emotion out of it.

People shouldn’t blindly follow anyone, even their parents. Too many sheep and not enough critical thinking and analysis of policies. I encouraged my kids to ask questions, look at all angles and take the emotion out of it.
And you are clearly a good parent for doing so. It would also be unfair to dismiss the impact that you had in shaping who your children have become and how they look at the world.

I am not endorsing that people should vote the same as their parents, but the statistics show that they overwhelmingly do, just as people are overwhelmingly the same religion as their parents.

(Who am I kidding? I only know 2 or 3 Democrats)

Ive spent my career largely in the military, law enforcement, and the defense industry... and I hang out with hunters, shooters, etc.. and live in TX (although I have also lived in TN and VA at different times)..

end result, my circle of friends, business associates, etc.. only includes a small number of liberals and/or democrats.. so its sometimes difficult for me to relate or understand their positions on some things..

that said, I honestly dont personally know a democrat that isnt a firearm owner (or a hunter for that matter)... Every single one of them that I am aware of owns multiple firearms.. some are fairly avid shooters..

Im sure there are numerous democrats that I have met over the years that arent gun owners.. but I wouldnt include those people in the circle of friends or work associates..

I guess its just the nature of the type of people I tend to gravitate to...

Amazingly, NY has zero gun crime due to a no carry policy for convicted criminals. Problem solved. Democrats please take a bow.

Just like the state I live in. No ARs must mean no mass shootings…oh wait. Yeah, this country is not what it was when I would listen to my grandfather, as a boy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuliusQ88

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.