Politics

Some French taxpayers probably thought the same thing during our Revolutionary War.... Had France not come to help us, we'd possibly still be British subjects. And if you think about it, the World would likely look quite different. Possibly better, possibly worse. But different for sure.

Do we really want to see what the World looks like with a victorious Russia aligned with Iran? Both of those victorious and aligned against us with China.... And united together pulling India and Brazil and God knows what other countries into their fold?

Our hesitation has already put the World into a more precarious position. The US still being the leader of the Free World, that damned well is affecting us and the rest of the World.

As has been pointed out many times on this thread, by supporting Ukraine we are leveraging that support into a defeat and massive set back of Russia to generational proportions. We are getting the military and diplomatic deal of a lifetime on this.

I agree with you on our border. But again, they did not have to be exclusive of each other. There is plenty of money wasted by Biden in plenty of other places to pay for all the above.
Unless other countries join the fight,the Ukraine will lose this war, regardless of how much money and hardware is given
Sooner or later, they will run out of fighters, and all that money will be for naught.
The democrats have one absolute plan by allowing this illegal alien invasion.
Eventually providing the millions of invader's a path to amnesty, citizenship, voting rights, and increasing the electoral votes.
They are effectively on the path to creating a political monarchy.
That horrifies me exponentially more than a Russian victory over the Ukraine.
I sympathize with the Ukrainian citizens, and what they must endure. The Ukrainian government and oligarchy, are the most corrupt and dirty dealers in eastern Europe. No different then the Democrat party here. I have no sympathy for them. Zelinskyy is one of them.

I agree. The money has to go to specific MILITARY categories (needs) and must be verified and audited.
And furthermore IMO, the Iranian and Russian seized and frozen assets need to go towards this end. AND, I DON'T want to hear about International rules, laws, etc., because none of them are any longer enforceable since Russia illegally seized Crimea and China illegally built and militarized shoals in the South China Sea and Iran continued to centrifuge plutonium when the UN/ Obama's "Missile Treaty" was in place (according to the IAEA) and have thumbed their noses at the UN and everyone else before and since.

And furthermore IMO, the Iranian and Russian seized and frozen assets need to go towards this end. AND, I DON'T want to hear about International rules, laws, etc., because none of them are any longer enforceable since Russia illegally seized Crimea and China illegally built and militarized shoals in the South China Sea and Iran continued to centrifuge plutonium when the UN/ Obama's "Missile Treaty" was in place (according to the IAEA) and have thumbed their noses at the UN and everyone else before and since.
With out audits and accountability, how much if that money is finding it's way into offshore accounts, or slush funds?

The U.N can go pound sand. The U.S.A is supposed to play nice- nice, while everyone else plays dirty.

Too many european countries are afraid of Putin the megalomaniac. Reliant On Russian resources.
Putin rattles his Nuclear Saber once in awhile, just to keep everyone intimidated and complacent.

With out audits and accountability, how much if that money is finding it's way into offshore accounts, or slush funds?

The U.N can go pound sand. The U.S.A is supposed to play nice- nice, while everyone else plays dirty.

Too many european countries are afraid of Putin the megalomaniac. Reliant On Russian resources.
Putin rattles his Nuclear Saber once in awhile, just to keep everyone intimidated and complacent.
ABSOLUTELY agree with you. ALL of our, EU and seized funds need to go into specific accounts for Ukranian MILITARY purposes and under strict accountability and audit protocols. Actually, a good portion of the seized funds should go to the countries manufacturing the weapons of war for Ukraine. Other equipment, food, supplies, etc., would be included and should be under strict accountability too. In my view, when Ukraine is "given" a billion dollars as an example, that should be in artillery, ammo, tanks, planes, etc., from other countries supplying those items, so it's not a "pile of cash" on a pallet that Obama gave to the Iranians to try and appease them. That worked out well didn't it?

Wait, what? Joe Biden claims his uncle was eaten by cannibals?? And some of you will vote for him!!! lol geez

Maybe @Saul...maybe, but I'm not even sure of that. Who else?

Unless other countries join the fight,the Ukraine will lose this war, regardless of how much money and hardware is given
Sooner or later, they will run out of fighters, and all that money will be for naught.
Do you have facts to back this up? Fox does a pretty terrible job of covering Ukrain and I cannot seem to be able to leave CNN on very long before my wife is asking what is wrong... and both of us getting sick... The rest are worse.. So honestly I get most of my Ukraine info here... But try to sort out who seems to have facts and logic.

The democrats have one absolute plan by allowing this illegal alien invasion.
Eventually providing the millions of invader's a path to amnesty, citizenship, voting rights, and increasing the electoral votes.
They are effectively on the path to creating a political monarchy.
That horrifies me exponentially more than a Russian victory over the Ukraine.
Agreed! There has to be a notorious secret plan being carried out... well maybe not so secret.
But a point of clarity, the only way to increase electoral votes is to add states or ammendmend the Constitution. And I believe that adding a State would only add two electoral votes as the House is set at the current max. (States get one electoral vote per each Senate and House seat
I believe Washington DC gets 3. And the Territories get some???

The problem you are worried about is more migrants eventually becoming Democrat voters than Republican. And what you are more immediately concerned about is that the census counts all people, legal or not, citizens or not. Then those results re-allocate the Representatives of the House. That will not increase electors but could well re-allocate those Representatives to Liberal Districts. Obama did both of the above in Minnesota and I'm not positive but I think Michigan. (Someone correct me?) Brent when you bitch about this stuff, try to get your facts straight and it will be a lot easier to agree with you;)

I sympathize with the Ukrainian citizens, and what they must endure. The Ukrainian government and oligarchy, are the most corrupt and dirty dealers in eastern Europe. No different then the Democrat party here. I have no sympathy for them. Zelinskyy is one of them.
Again do you have facts? What do you base these comments on?

I'm not sure why this theme keeps coming up in my life but two things can be true at the same time. Ukraine has a proven track record of being corrupt. The military aid going to Ukraine is being accounted for and tracked. The key word here is military aid.

We have so many weapons at End of Life or just sitting in storage that I find it absolutely astonishing that we arent doing more. As many have pointed out this could severely diminish one of the greatest geopolitical adversaries for more than a generation and it won't cost a single US life. The fact that Republicans are playing games, and let's be clear, the Democrats are playing the same game, since Biden has drawdown authority and is barely using it, both parties are playing politics with Ukrainian lives.

Also there is plenty of other wasteful spending that could be reallocate to secure the border so not sure why people think Ukraine is the reason it isnt getting done.

I heard someone refer to it as a choice between the unfit and the unwell.

I will not vote for the unfit.

That doesn't exactly clarify it, but it was funny anyway!

Just when I thought there was hope for you (I think I liked one of your posts a few days ago), you post something like this.

The man is leading his country in a fight for its life, against the charter member of the evil empire, and yet it's a sad joke for you.
I have nothing personal to add, but I am amazed how some in the US, and Europe, fail to appreciate how huge a price Ukraine is paying for the war they are fighting to the benefit of the West. And fail to be humbly grateful for all the lives lost.

That doesn't exactly clarify it, but it was funny anyway!
I am waiting to see how Biden handles future developments with Israel (and hopefully the border) before I decide whether to vote for him. Regardless, I will not vote for Trump.

Wait, what? Joe Biden claims his uncle was eaten by cannibals?? And some of you will vote for him!!! lol geez
Who’s voting for him? I haven’t seen any posters on this thread saying they are voting for Biden. I’m not.

At least two people on here with DIRECT experience have repeatedly said, the vast, vast majority of the military aid is not in a form that can be diverted into cash. But I guess you continue to believe otherwise.

I’ve got news for you, ALL countries are corrupt to some degree. I seriously doubt Ukraine is as corrupt now as before the war. Nonetheless, we still have common goals that should outweigh past corruption. Can you not understand?

I do agree with you that we should only be giving military aid. If the European countries want to give humanitarian aid, that’s on them to do. We shouldn’t.

Okay but the vast majority of students pursuing LA degrees are not going to upper echelon universities.
Of course. The ones who aren't and who are contemplating going in hock to receive a subpar education with no discernible path should reassess their choices. It's not society's responsibility to pay for them to study communications at DeVry University just because they think they should go to college.

The principle of "liberal arts" education tends to have a target on its back, when a lot of the people criticizing it don't realize that many of the trusted professionals with whom they interact on the daily are products of such an education. It's not so much the course of study but the person pursuing it; if one is rudderless, unmotivated, and has marginal aptitude, it probably won't work well for him or her.

Many of us tend to tease the liberal arts. But it makes someone more rounded and able to socialize/Network in larger circles. No one wants to talk numbers and metrics 24/7.

So if you can hold your own in a wide variety of topics. You are more likely to advance.

Someone with a Hillsdale liberal arts degree has value to most businesses .

Oh and flame away I will. Lol.

I researched and wrote a paper in college on the most well-rounded students/degrees. Turns out that business majors receive a more well-rounded education than liberal arts majors. Business students are required to take lots of elective classes and must choose from history, English, humanities, poly sci, sociology, art, etc…

On the contrary, are LA majors required to take marketing, accounting, finance or business courses? No.

Liberal arts covers the humanities and fine arts, which is what most people associate with "liberal arts", but it also includes social sciences, natural sciences (biology, earth science, et al), and the formal sciences (mathematics). Even the softer edges of "liberal arts" like the humanities and social sciences (where most business students take their electives to not compromise their GPA) are a broader pool of disciplines than business. There's just so much more to choose from.

To be fair, most business courses (apart from the more quantitative portions of finance that involve linear algebra and stochastic calculus) are not more rigorous or challenging than most pure liberal arts courses. They just teach applied skills to a more specific set of jobs (which is important).

I am waiting to see how Biden handles future developments with Israel (and hopefully the border) before I decide whether to vote for him. Regardless, I will not vote for Trump.
I am all for israel doing what they have to do.......but hopefully our border? do you think an Israeli would worry more about somebody's else's border more than their own?......to be blunt fuck off.....we/our border should come first . its unbelievable some americans hate/despise this country.

I don't like trump, but voting for biden or a dem is not going to happen. so trump it is....bob

Who’s voting for him? I haven’t seen any posters on this thread saying they are voting for Biden. I’m not.

The answer to your question was above your post. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winworldrealty

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.