Politics

Russia didn’t mind all that much when Finland and Sweden joined NATO? You must be kidding. Russia just didn’t do anything about it because they already have their hands full in Ukraine.

Russia got a 1350km new border against a NATO country when Finland joined and Putin subsequently uttered that he would bolster defence around St. Petersburg.. Oh, they mind a lot..

On April 21, 2022 while Pres Obama was at Stanford Univ giving a talk condemning free speech, and advocating censorship, on that same day Sec Mayorkas and Sec Toni Blinken were in Panama. While there, Blinken wrote checks to Panama, Columbia and Ecuador. These three countries are suffering because of our open border (the steady river of migrants, drugs, gangs, and murders). More than that, in departure towns in Columbia for example, there is no transportation for tourists or locals.....it is all being used to transport Chinese immigrants along the Darien Gap trail that ends in "China Camp". After Mayorkas visited the camp, he (meaning you and me) paid for extensive upgrades and enlargements. The result is a river of Chinese coming up thru the US border....(.first flying to Ecuador, then Columbia, then Panama.) The press release on this trip by the Dept of Homeland Security is so filled with lies and omissions as to be a joke. Now the uninformed American may think that these Chinese....mostly men of military age....just walk up to the US-Mexican border. They don't. They are transported in buses or by air to Northern Mexico, often by democrat-allied NGO's. You see, the distance from Darien "China" Camp to the US border is the same as the distance from Fairbanks to Chicago.........it can't be walked. These men are brought to you by the same party that opened the border, that advocates letting men to use your teen girl's shower room in school, and are now complaining to Congress about the cyber threat posed by....you guessed it... China. I have been to Panama 3 times in the last 18 months, and I assure you, your own government is paying to have you invaded, and by so doing is destabilizing our southern neighbors. No wonder the democrats want censorship......factual information is often damaging to them...Obama called free speech "raw sewage"....just another small example of a woke/democrat party out of control...Build the Wall, return to sanity...FWB

No, it’s about a year until the next Presidential takes office from now.
"....and if Trump wins, he won’t take office for almost a year"

This is what you had posted. It reads as the "win" being the election. Thus, my response; election to inauguration is less than 3 months.

On April 21, 2022 while Pres Obama was at Stanford Univ giving a talk condemning free speech, and advocating censorship, on that same day Sec Mayorkas and Sec Toni Blinken were in Panama. While there, Blinken wrote checks to Panama, Columbia and Ecuador. These three countries are suffering because of our open border (the steady river of migrants, drugs, gangs, and murders). More than that, in departure towns in Columbia for example, there is no transportation for tourists or locals.....it is all being used to transport Chinese immigrants along the Darien Gap trail that ends in "China Camp". After Mayorkas visited the camp, he (meaning you and me) paid for extensive upgrades and enlargements. The result is a river of Chinese coming up thru the US border....(.first flying to Ecuador, then Columbia, then Panama.) The press release on this trip by the Dept of Homeland Security is so filled with lies and omissions as to be a joke. Now the uninformed American may think that these Chinese....mostly men of military age....just walk up to the US-Mexican border. They don't. They are transported in buses or by air to Northern Mexico, often by democrat-allied NGO's. You see, the distance from Darien "China" Camp to the US border is the same as the distance from Fairbanks to Chicago.........it can't be walked. These men are brought to you by the same party that opened the border, that advocates letting men to use your teen girl's shower room in school, and are now complaining to Congress about the cyber threat posed by....you guessed it... China. I have been to Panama 3 times in the last 18 months, and I assure you, your own government is paying to have you invaded, and by so doing is destabilizing our southern neighbors. No wonder the democrats want censorship......factual information is often damaging to them...Obama called free speech "raw sewage"....just another small example of a woke/democrat party out of control...Build the Wall, return to sanity...FWB

Gentlemen, for this alone we all have to suck it up and vote for the lesser of evils on election day!

Gentlemen, for this alone we all have to suck it up and vote for the lesser of evils on election day!
Agreed. Beyond the immediate needs of the office, the next President will likely nominate 1, if not 2, Supreme Court Justices. Those actions will be much longer felt than a 4 year term.

Georgia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania all fell by a small amount of votes. Other states went red by small margins as well. Whomever wins the republican nomination needs all support possible.

Meanwhile back at the front, Ukrainian creativity continues to astound. Overnight they caught the Moniyah, a Tarantul class corvette, at sea and sank it. The attack was carried out by several high speed naval drones. These are small remotely controlled high speed very low draft surface boats carrying several hundred pounds of high explosives.
Molniya-Class-Corvette-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The footage of the attack from the guidance feed of the attack drones is incredible. If you watch to the end, you will see it will be difficult for the Russians to make their usual claim that the vessel was only slightly damaged and that all the drones were destroyed. :E Angel:

Last edited:
Agreed. Beyond the immediate needs of the office, the next President will likely nominate 1, if not 2, Supreme Court Justices. Those actions will be much longer felt than a 4 year term.

Georgia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania all fell by a small amount of votes. Other states went red by small margins as well. Whomever wins the republican nomination needs all support possible.

So you’re saying that I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump even though he just said he doesn’t want my vote?

Meanwhile back at the front, Ukrainian creativity continues to astound. Overnight they caught the Moniyah, a Tarantul class corvette, at sea and sank it. The attack was carried out by several high speed naval drones. These are small remotely controlled high speed very low draft surface boats carrying several hundred pounds of high explosives.
View attachment 584531
View attachment 584532

The footage of the attack from the guidance feed of the attack drones is incredible. If you watch to the end, you will see it will be difficult for the Russians to make their usual claim that the vessel was only slightly damaged and that all the drones were destroyed. :E Angel:

Incredible, Ukraine rules the seas without a single warship.

View attachment 584531
View attachment 584532

I hope our Navy is paying attention. War fighting has entered a new dimension.

Not just the Navy, all the military branches.

So you’re saying that I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump even though he just said he doesn’t want my vote?
Again, Trump's exact quote from his Truth Social account. Can't make it up. At least a lot of conservatives will have a clear conscience. The sheer self-indulgent stupidity is what is unbelievable. To have a prayer, he needs 99.99% of an enthusiastic Republican vote.

“Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them, because we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!”

I ordered a T-shirt the next day. :cool:

th (1).jpg

Again, Trump's exact quote from his Truth Social account. Can't make it up. At least a lot of conservatives will have a clear conscience. The sheer self-indulgent stupidity is what is unbelievable. To have a prayer, he needs 99.99% of an enthusiastic Republican vote.

“Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them, because we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!”

View attachment 584546
Yep, sure makes it easy NOT to vote for him. A uniter he is not, not even within his own political party.

Time out

The fact that everyone is vociferously fighting over where and how they will use their vote is what makes the west great. Predictions of its imminent implosion are not on display yet. Although, there are very good odds that bad politics will disrupt life considerably in the near term.

Now back to our regularly scheduled slugfest.

I also wonder why Haley doesn't form a third party. It may steal enough of the democrats group to form a government. There is enough common ground with the Trump group to move policies.

I also wonder why Haley doesn't form a third party. It may steal enough of the democrats group to form a government. There is enough common ground with the Trump group to move policies.
The republican (small r) system doesn't function like a parliamentary one.

The republican (small r) system doesn't function like a parliamentary one.
I was thinking about Ross Perot's attempt but now the political ground for change is even more fertile.

View attachment 584546

The man is an idiot. It’s almost like he’s running this campaign with the intention of losing!

The issue is much the same if Trump had formed a third party like was originally debated if he didnt win the Republican nomination..

Haley wont pull any D votes (nor would Trump)...

So all that happens is the R party gets divided.. neither the R party or the "new" party have enough votes to have a chance..

Unfortunately it looks like this is a real possibility regardless of a new party being formed or not.. There are a significant number of lifelong R's that are making it clear they simply will not cast a vote for Trump under any circumstances.. and there are a significant number of die hard Trump supporters that are saying they wont vote for any other candidate other than Trump...

With the country so evenly divided as it is right now, it will take every R vote possible to win... a divided party.. even if that division represents even just 10% of the total R voting block.. will certainly lose the election..

The best hope (although it appears to be incredibly improbable at this point) is something similar happens on the D side.. Kennedy seems pretty adamant about staying in the race.. IF (again, doubtful) he were to quickly form a third party (there is no way he is getting the D nomination), it is POSSIBLE he would pull away enough D donors and votes to hamstring Biden or anyone else that might land on the D ticket..

The challenge there is.. I think there are a number of "centrist" type R voters that would also vote for Kennedy rather than Trump.. which once again, puts the R ticket in complete jeopardy..

The only way that works is if Kennedy pulled a significantly greater number of D voters to the new party and a lessor number of R voters..

but I think any of the above actually happening has about the same chance of actually happening as a snowballs chance in hell...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanelL98

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.