Politics

One comment from the Putin lecture that is typical of the rest of it. Did you know that World War II was the fault of Poland? Those dastardly Poles dared refuse the totally reasonable request of Adolf Hitler to give up the city of Gdansk. Putin did not go into the minor detail that the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany not only had drawn up a non-aggression pact, but that they had jointly drawn up a war plan for the seizure and partition of Poland which they initiated in September 1939. As a by product of that conquest, the Soviets executed 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Forrest. Tucker of course nodded sagely through this startling rewrite of history.

Tucker has now shown his stripes to the world. I had no respect for him previously, but that has now been replaced with disgust and disdain.

I watched the videos but I am still skeptical of this device's effectiveness for an unshielded device. Any consumer device that is susceptible to a high voltage static discharge can't be shielded from an EMP without an external shield.
That is correct and is what I tried to explain in the previous post. A surge in a power circuit is different from an EMP event. They share some of the same symptoms/consequences but are different. Some detailed, non-classified info is available in the archives of work done at Los Alamos and Sandia. Adjacent to Sandia, at Kirtland AFB, a lot of nuke EMP protection/shielding research for military aircraft was done. Search “trestle” or ATLAS-I at Kirtland AFB … or something similar. :)

1707492551638.png

Well maybe I'll draw some ire here but I thought the interview was mildly interesting. I think looking at it objectively it shows the complexity of dealing in Russian politics and global affairs. I think the stranger parts of the interview was Putin had tried to prepare himself for a tit for tat and tucker perhaps himself as well it's hard to say if you were in there shoes. Seems today even having a discussion devolves into "He's a puppet he's a lapdog ect ect" So would anyone here say every single thing putin said was 100% complete bogus nonsense. I see a Russian head of state looking out for Russian interests. Nothing more. And for a such said person that we have the possible chance of a global conflict with, to not speak to him I think is not a smart decision.

Well maybe I'll draw some ire here but I thought the interview was mildly interesting. I think looking at it objectively it shows the complexity of dealing in Russian politics and global affairs. I think the stranger parts of the interview was Putin had tried to prepare himself for a tit for tat and tucker perhaps himself as well it's hard to say if you were in there shoes. Seems today even having a discussion devolves into "He's a puppet he's a lapdog ect ect" So would anyone here say every single thing putin said was 100% complete bogus nonsense. I see a Russian head of state looking out for Russian interests. Nothing more. And for a such said person that we have the possible chance of a global conflict with, to not speak to him I think is not a smart decision.
I agree. Except he will not have an interview with an actual Western Journalist. So Tucker gives him a chance to offer his rewrite of history for all of his adoring fans over on his podcast. If you turn to any this morning's right wing sites they are all agog that Tucker is finally bringing the "truth" about Ukraine to an American audience. In fairness, the majority of the people watching him or running those alt news sites haven't a clue about history, foreign policy, or a well grounded understanding of national interests.

Guido Endiris was the New York Times bureau chief in Berlin just before World War II. He was an ardent apologist for Adolf Hitler.

A quote from a monograph about Endiris by Laurel Leff.

Yet, Enderis’ actions weren’t purely strategic and their consequences were grave. Throughout the 1930s, Enderis helped steer Times coverage to play down Jewish persecution and play up Germany’s peaceful intentions. He kowtowed to Nazi officials, wrote stories presenting solely the Nazi point of view, and reined in Times reporters whose criticism he thought went too far, shaping the news in favor of a genocidal regime bent on establishing a “Thousand Year Reich.”

When the story of this period is written by historians, I suspect Tucker Carlson will find his way onto the list of other journalistic appeasers of brutal dictatorships.

I agree. Except he will not have an interview with an actual Western Journalist. So Tucker gives him a chance to offer his rewrite of history for all of his adoring fans over on his podcast. If you turn to any this morning's right wing sites they are all agog that Tucker is finally bringing the "truth" about Ukraine to an American audience. In fairness, the majority of the people watching him or running those alt news sites haven't a clue about history, foreign policy, or a well grounded understanding of national interests.

Guido Endiris was the New York Times bureau chief in Berlin just before World War II. He was an ardent apologist for Adolf Hitler.

A quote from a monograph about Endiris by Laurel Leff.

Yet, Enderis’ actions weren’t purely strategic and their consequences were grave. Throughout the 1930s, Enderis helped steer Times coverage to play down Jewish persecution and play up Germany’s peaceful intentions. He kowtowed to Nazi officials, wrote stories presenting solely the Nazi point of view, and reined in Times reporters whose criticism he thought went too far, shaping the news in favor of a genocidal regime bent on establishing a “Thousand Year Reich.”

When the story of this period is written by historians, I suspect Tucker Carlson will find his way onto the list of other journalistic appeasers of brutal dictatorships.
Is there a journalistic equiv of chamberlain?

Perhaps a new award

The sycophant cup ?

Okay, a bit of pre-EMP nostalgia here…

Almost half a century ago as a young enlisted Marine Corps Aviation Fire Control Repairman (MOS 5943), Air Support Officers were controlling the flight of an EA-6B Growler Electronic Warfare aircraft from my radar system. At the time I was a 19 year old corporal responsible for a combat essential critical low density piece of equipment. One has to love what the US Military does to develop young people!

1707495087483.png

Anyway, the controllers were using my AN/TPQ-10 Radar Course Directing Central fire control system. Fire Control in the military is controlling weapons systems to put rounds on target. Before GPS and small on-board aircraft computers, the TPQ-10 system in Marine Air Support Radar Teams (ASRT) controlled planes to put bombs on target within a 25-meter Calculated Error Probability (CEP). From about 1960 into the late 1980’s, ASRTs were employed whenever pilots could not see their targets. Rumor is they also controlled the lead birds of USAF ARC LIGHT B-52 bombing missions over North Vietnam.

1707495118651.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_AN/TPQ-10_Radar_Course_Directing_Central

Back to the EA-6B mission. With my trusty TPQ-10 locked on the bird one of the controllers instructed the EA-6B to “Turn on your music”. With that, their jammer saturated my radar! The control screen was white with static and the computer lost the track “lock” on the bird.

“So what” about an electronic warfare aircraft jamming a radar system? The EA-6B was around 15 miles or more away and electrical energy / radio frequency dissipates rapidly in the atmosphere. Did the jammer bother the sensitive tiny chips that the TPQ-10 had? No because that system was pre-transistor with 157 vacuum tubes. In fact the only transistors it had were six large SCR power transistors in a later electric drive modification.

The TPQ-10 electronics were enclosed in metal cases, i.e. Faraday Cages. The control shelter, radar antenna, and all cabling was shielded to a MILSPEC level. Also the control shelter, radar antenna, and power generator were properly grounded. Still, the energy of the far away jammer zapped the scope and made the system break tracking lock.

Had there had been an EMP, those large old technology components would have experienced glitches for a moment in time but then resumed operating. But if a jammer can affect a shielded military system, what would an EMP do to modern electronics with many chips and a lot less shielding?

As long as I am sharing memories,
In the late 80's I served with a Vietnam helicopter pilot. When he learned that I was a technician on the TPQ-10, his eyes lit up. He told me of piloting a MEDEVAC when between thick fog and no moonlight, he could not see a thing. The LZ and injured Marines were on a hilltop somewhere below. An ASRT controlled his flight to the point when the controller instructed him the LZ was 50 feet below. He said he blindly and carefully set the bird down and to his surprise, he touched down exactly where the earth should have been.

Last edited:
Journalists should interview World leaders. That's what they do................when did understanding and dialogue become the enemy? ...........FWB

Journalists should interview World leaders. That's what they do................when did understanding and dialogue become the enemy? ...........FWB
I absolutely agree. Shame he won’t give an interview to real journalist. Tucker, however, is the perfect editorialist selling the same narrative as Putin.

@SaintPanzer

That campfire might have been at a cabin in the Schwarzwald?

Glad to see you up & about...

Otherwise, yep, how self-reliant are we?
Since you asked, in point of fact it was the burn barrel near Massoud Circle in Kabul. But I like your version better.

This is not an interview with a journalist.
It's just a pos helping Putin selling his narrative and its staged.

Would love to see an age cap on POTUS, as well as the House and Senate
Along with a term limit.
Everyone of them are professional politicians.

Along with a term limit.
Everyone of them are professional politicians.
I am afraid the only way that the US Congress will ever have term limits will be IF there is a Constitutional Convention:

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. "

"A proposed amendment becomes part of the Constitution as soon as it is ratified by three-fourths of the States (38 of 50 States)."

The above excerpts from: https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

As you stated, Everyone of them are professional politicians.

I was doing a site analysis for the expansion of a small manufacturing facility in CT about 15 years ago. The site security was beyond any I had ever experienced and we could not even enter the main building to meet with the owner and project manager. Emails were received at a separate location and then hard copies were brought into the facility. We were told than no one enters the building because of the sensitive nature of the product they were producing for the US. We were told was that the main building was an entire Faraday cage and that the computing facilities were within another Faraday cage to insure that no electronic signals could penetrate or exit the building. I inquired about their product: they produced a mil-spec fabric used to protect items from EMP. I inferred that the fabric was flexibility which made it excellent for the intended purpose as it could be re-positioned or cut to provide access for repairs to the protected equipment. The stated that their biggest problem was the continued "attack" by the Chinese and other not so friendly actors on their facility and also on their employees. I would love to get a roll of that fabric but have had to satisfy myself with hardware cloth and screens.

I am afraid the only way that the US Congress will ever have term limits will be IF there is a Constitutional Convention:

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. "

"A proposed amendment becomes part of the Constitution as soon as it is ratified by three-fourths of the States (38 of 50 States)."

The above excerpts from: https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

As you stated, Everyone of them are professional politicians.
I agree with you...

The last Constitutional Convention was in 1787......

@Altitude sickness works for an electrical utility so I’m thinking he’s got a good grasp on EMP. Utility companies are finally starting to work the problem.

In Spain, government critical data storage is situated underground, in Faraday cages.

I understand that finantial institutions also keep their data in protected storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesusCole

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]