Pet peeves?

Only one really, but it is huge - CAP ON BACKWARDS.
Yeah, that's pretty damned annoying. Back in the 70s, it was sorta cool because Johnny Bench wore his backwards. But most kids today probably never even heard of Johnny Bench.

People who travel half way around the world and then complain when things aren’t just like home.
Drives me effing crazy when I'm overseas to see Americans looking for McDs or KFC or similar.

Foreign food is always an adventure for me. Most of my "adventures" work out pretty well, some don't, and the ones that don't are always good for a laugh.

Yeah, that's pretty damned annoying. Back in the 70s, it was sorta cool because Johnny Bench wore his backwards. But most kids today probably never even heard of Johnny Bench.
True, but Johnny Bench was a catcher. Kind of difficult to wear the hat correctly under a mask. That's one of my pet peeves, too. Looks like a misplaced part of anatomy, cranial rectal inversion.

True, but Johnny Bench was a catcher. Kind of difficult to wear the hat correctly under a mask. That's one of my pet peeves, too. Looks like a misplaced part of anatomy, cranial rectal inversion.
And unless I am much mistaken, so did Rick Dempsey. He played 2 as well.

All the blathering about covid this and covid that. A fellow trucker friend of my son-in-law died of a massive heart attack the other day and the stupid doctor called it covid. Aargh!!

Only one really, but it is huge - CAP ON BACKWARDS.
Me too, along with earbuds, bathroom slippers with jammy bottoms and pant's waist worn just above the knees.... all the time and everywhere.

Many of these trends start as imitation of common prison culture/attire. What a culture to aspire to and emulate!

There's quite a lot of that. That's why i absolutely do not trust the numbers I'm seeing.

People in hospice care have been reported as covid deaths. RUFKM????

People dying in auto accidents also getting labeled as covid. What in the AF???

And unless I am much mistaken, so did Rick Dempsey. He played 2 as well.

I grew up in MD and a Orioles fan. Rick may have been doing that as much to get a laugh as any other reason. He was always joking around to the fans delight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.