OK gentlemen..get ready

Phillip
Yes it has increased a lot. They wanted $3300 more just to change my departure date back to USA. That’s why I am shopping for another flight

I just searched United’s website and they’re still booking this Feb 27 flight from Ord to Jnb for the bargain business class seat for $11000+. Hundreds of flights being cancelled. Tough times for everyone.

Phillip
Yes it has increased a lot. They wanted $3300 more just to change my departure date back to USA. That’s why I am shopping for another flight
As much as I love and trust Qatar now I would just fly coach home And keep the business class departure. One way in the Q Suite would be better than round trip in anyone else’s business class!
best of luck.
Philip

I believe the following to be correct.

Below are the only available airlines to US currently y and their trophy carrying status-

Turkish Airlines - No CITES 1
Delta Airlines - No Big 5
Qatar Airlines - No Ivory
Lufthansa - Only on approval - high rates
Egypt Air - Only on approval - high rates
What about Ethiopian?

My RT was 2992.00 Business. Booked in mid November. On United, not United on Lufthansa thru Frankfort. I could fly on 27 Feb from O hare but had to overnite layover in Newark and depart Newark on 28 Feb….overnite in Newark…rather have a root canal than overnite in Newark.

White House just lifted travel ban on Southern African countries. Now if you could just get a flight!, hope you guys can make it to the shows!

The never ending story! Sad.

The canceled flights may have more to due with staffing with Covid rather than the scare of Covid. Many flights are canceled today in my home state due to shortages .

The canceled flights may have more to due with staffing with Covid rather than the scare of Covid. Many flights are canceled today in my home state due to shortages .
Maybe we need to offer a “cruise ship” deal if they don’t have enough help.

I’ll serve the drinks, check seat belts, stow the bags and keep the coffee flowing to the pilots, you get me to JNB with my rifle. :unsure:

A Royal Caribbean cruise ship was not allowed to dock in Aruba a few days ago and had to turn back to Miami, because 55 of the crew and passengers tested positive for Covid. ALL 55 had been vaccinated before leaving on the cruise. An entire ship full of 95% vaccinated passengers had their Christmas vacation ruined! This isn't a comment on whether to get vaccinated or not, because it apparently doesn't matter in the course of vacation plans when in a large group and vaccinated people test positive and everyone suffers as of the result.

I think the airlines are extrapolating bookings 60 days out and cancelling flights and pressing rebooking into either 1 day before or one day after to maximize capacity to cost to operate. Simple logistics 101 to maximize profit to cost. No carrier operates at 60 per cent capacity and stays economically sound for any period of time….Covid no show employee, receives pay but contributes nothing and work load is spread among those present to a limited extent, thus cancelled flights. Many center seats are vacant on international flights and can only be filled when another carrier cancels and redirects to another carrier…I saw it happen in August ….Doha to Chicago. Qatar. Absorbed a AA passenger list cancelled due to lack of ticketing On A A for that particular flight.
The logistical science in the airlines industry is never considered by the flying public..but very involved by the airlines to fly those planes in a profitable manner

Business class?? Business class?? Nevah hoid of it! The idea of paying more for the flight than for the safari is just ludicrous to me.

Man Areaonereal do I agree with you. I’ve flown business class all over the world but would never pay the price on my dime until I was offered a very good upgrade price from economy comfort to Polaris class last summer. It was excellent and I’ll just spend some more of the families inheritance to enjoy the trip. Just feel very fortunate to be in this position.

Me to…but at 74 and my knees and back sitting in a Cattle Car environment Just got too much after 8 flights. Anyway the government gets my money when I am gone and some estate attorney.
Yeah, I heard that! I am afraid if I had the whole damn plane to myself it would still be a PITA!

What ever happened to the old mantra on here to save the money spent on airfare and get yourself another one or two animals in Africa?

I don't blame those who can afford it to fly business or first class but in my way of thinking it is just a waste of money. I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs and have no problem flying cattle class but I do pick a aisle seat. If you get tired of sitting or cramped you can stand up and walk around a bit. On my first trip back in 2015 there were a few passengers who were walking laps around the plane. I just got up to go to the restroom or back to the galley to get a snack once all the attendants had gone to lala land except for those in the galley.

I plan to do the same thing on my flight this coming June.

In August we flew Qatar center Seats empty From Ord back to Jnb
but from Doha to Ord US full because AA did not have bookings… we had a lady from Palsltine, center, between my wife and I…out siide seats…next time flight…and you would have have your happy ass in business. Odor.. enough said.. once is enough…if you can’t pay…don’t play. Jimp. Ofcourse It is a waste of money, but so else is is an an estate attorney of f…king your widow out of what is left In Probate…experience speaks. Enjoy your fruits of your labor while you are able.

Last edited:
In August we flew Qatar center Seats empty From Ord back to Ord but from Doha to Ord US full because AA did not have bookings… we had a lady from Palsltine between my wife and I…out siide seats…next time flight…you would have have your happy ass in business. Odor.. enough said.. once is enough…if you can’t pay…don’t play.
Same thing happened to me about 20 years ago flying home from Eastern Europe. Just awful.

but from Doha to Ord US full because AA did not have bookings… we had a lady from Palsltine, center, between my wife and I…out siide seats…next time flight…and you would have have your happy ass in business. Odor.. enough said.. once is enough…if you can’t pay…don’t play. Jimp. Ofcourse It is a waste of money, but so else is is an an estate attorney of f…king your widow out of what is left In Probate…experience speaks. Enjoy your fruits of your labor while you are able.

Sorry guys but it's a minimum of Business Class for me. Anything more than 3 hours is my rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you