NWT Dall or Stone???

Got a coin?
I'd say the Dall sheep in 2019 or 2020. I've seen how the prices are going up and there's no saying what that hunt in 2021 will cost by then. It's definitely getting insane IMO.

You are already leaning toward the dirty sheep. Just do it.
With BC governments changing their minds depending on the whim of nut cases. Get it done so you can hunt more sane locations in the future.

That was a steal for a desert Bighorn. Find another like that send them my way....... Bruce
I'm still friends with the gentleman and I'm going to make it happen as soon as I can break away from the Africa addiction for a minute! Lol

If I had the money it would be the stone sheep. Dall sheep will still be there. For me I really enjoyed my free range aoudad hunt. I also look at those sheep hunt prices and Africa wins everytime.

Good point Brickburn. I didn't realize the gov in BC was a problem regarding stone hunting!

While not to annoy all the stone lovers out there, I consider them just a color variant with clever marketing by the BC government. If people just quit considering them rare, the prices would crash. There are also fannin turning up in dall areas, the percentage count of gray hair is just a number. There, rant over. now let's get back to hunting golden wildebeest or copper springbuck or......

Another vote for Stone. There is a lot more risk in delaying a Stone hunt vs a Dall hunt. Price and availability is much more vulnerable on the Stone.
A wise man once said, "Just do it!" :D Now if I could only remember who that was... (n)

For the price of a Stone sheep hunt, you can go to Spain for 2 weeks and do an ibex grand slam hunt (4 animals).

While you can, go to B.C. for your sheep. The province has been infected by liberals. They are closing grizzly bear hunting there at the end of this year's hunt.

For the price of a Stone sheep hunt, you can go to Spain for 2 weeks and do an ibex grand slam hunt (4 animals).
And he would have neither a Stone nor a Dall. And while I'm sure it would be a fantastic hunt, Spain aint BC or NWT and Ibex aint NA Thin Horns.
Do the Stone. Oh, and please take plenty of pics ;)

Good point Brickburn. I didn't realize the gov in BC was a problem regarding stone hunting!

While you can, go to B.C. for your sheep. The province has been infected by liberals. They are closing grizzly bear hunting there at the end of this year's hunt.

If the current government can hang around for a few terms - no telling what big game hunting in BC will look like - definetly something to think about ...

If the price difference does not bother you, go on a Stone hunt. BC government continues to cut outfitters tag quotas which continues to drive the prices up. Stone sheep will keep on going up and up. Dall hunts are not getting any cheaper either, but at least they are more plentiful and the Yukon and Alaska have more stable political climates.
IMG_3362.JPG

Do the Dall hunt. As others have stated, there's a myriad of things that could happen in the extra time you wait to go after a Stone.

You're very fortunate to be in this position at all. I doubt I'll ever be able to hunt sheep native to North America, but aoudad should be achievable!

You're very fortunate to be in this position at all. I doubt I'll ever be able to hunt sheep native to North America, but aoudad should be achievable!

Same. Aoudad it will be for me someday.

Sheep hunting is a true addiction, and not a cheap one.
I already have a Dall ram and came up empty on my bighorn. If you can swing it do the stone sheep first. You can't have a bad time with either choice, but prices are climbing, much quicker than I can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tooter57

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!