Not good news from Federal

I suppose its POSSIBLE that CCI/Federal/Remington/Hevi-Shot would be sold to an overseas investment group.. Vista has been talking to a couple of Czech firms for several months (one of the deals just fell through within the last couple of weeks)...

But I think its incredibly unlikely the actual manufacturing and distribution of those lines would move from the US..

The US is the primary market for those particular brands, and is the largest consumer of commercial ammunition in the world.. it would be foolish to move far away from their customer base..

Then you'd have the red tape and cost associated with import/export, not to mention shipping costs of an already expensive, premium product...

And the cost to ship the equipment in those factories to another location would be astronomical.. they'd have to sell off the equipment to what would become a competitor, and then purchase all new equipment if they moved the factory..

Considering Remington just did that a few years ago when they needed to retool and replace a lot of equipment (they sold most of their stuff to Sig, who then opened an ammunition plant just a few miles from Remington), and theyre now working with very new, modern, capable machinery... selling and repurchasing again makes no business sense..

GUESS I'M MISSING THE POINT, I KINDA LIKED THAT GUY.

What’s the bad news?

I took an absolute hosing on Vista outdoors stock. Highly rated, strong buy, had some gains then boom....they announced they are selling off the outdoor/firearms divisions. Such a disappointment.

Something is going on because they aren't producing any .375 ammo and it really sucks

All of this long ceased to surprise me the day when Winchester (the flagship name associated with the manufacture of American sporting firearms) closed down their New Haven manufacturing plant and started making all of their firearms overseas (Portugal, Belgium, Turkey, Japan).

Something is going on because they aren't producing any .375 ammo and it really sucks
They’ve recently loaded Core-Lokt, and Power-Shok. They load a few other offerings like A-Frames. As evidenced by a previous post, Swift hasn’t made 375 A-Frames which makes it hard for them to load ammo without a projectile.

I doubt that any future foreign owner would want to move ammunition production out of the US. Most foreign countries are like California or New York in terms of their anti-gun mindset. I’d bet that the US factories would be a plus for a company like CZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryedulk

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.