New to me 416

BB416

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA, Zim
I have previously posted on my 416 Rigby, the only full stocked one I have seen. One of my favorite rifles. I took a Buffalo with it in the Save valley Zimbabwe in 2019. My new 416 is an entirely different animal.

A 1980 Mercedes Unimog 416 Doka. It lacks many of the creature comforts of todays vehicles, like AC or a radio. It’s loud and smells of diesel and Latakia. But it does have front and rear PTO and hydraulics and a 3 way tipper bed. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it!

IMG_4871.jpeg

Image did t come through last post

I'm truly jealous! Can you post some pics of the axles for those who don't know what they look like or how they're engineered? Awesome vehicles!

I would buy one if I could find one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BessieSelw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?