New restrictions on firearms exports

Most of the countries on that list don't have any hunting or are in such a mess that no one has any business visiting them for any purpose (e.g. Haiti, Burma, Syria, etc.). And as we have seen in the news recently, some of those countries have import bans in place already so anyone trying to export guns or ammo into them is probably up to no good anyway. As to the new limits on guns and ammo exports for hunting: Has anyone on here ever taken more than three guns on a safari? How could one possibly pack 1,000 rounds of ammo and still meet the eleven pound limit prescribed by airlines. Maybe .22, but why would anyone need a thousand rounds of .22 for an African safari? I can foresee this could be a problem for international competitive target shooters. They will have to try getting a special license I guess.

I am curious why Zimbabwe was initially on the list. It has some domestic unrest but I never thought it was bad enough to be ranked with Afghanistan and Haiti. How bad are things in the Central African Republic? Was Angola even on the list? Apparently not but it should be. That's still no man's land.

I'm not gonna get very excited about this one.

Last edited:
I read it and submitted my comment to regulations.gov. As proposed this will not affect most of us but is still concerning.
Please comment on this. It really does help.

From this chair, it's the proverbial foot in the door. Next it'll be bordering countries and less of everything. The speaker at an SCI banquet said it best. There's a war on hunting.

Zimbabwe has had political problem. At least the rural areas I consider it totally safe.
Be sure you define the terms temporary and permanent “very big difference”

Lon

It's analogous to the gun laws here like this regulation will stop the flow of arms from our enemies to the countries blackballed. This government has gone beyond the level of world police and is now in world dictator mode. At some point the rest of the world is going to say Eff U and your dollar too.

Death by a thousand cuts! Simple as that. I mean for hunting. There’s ways and means around it but it’s more of a headache if you want to hunt in those countries. We have it here for Zim means we need to go to SA first. That’s all.

Another problem is that the people charged with enforcing these new rules will be confused or willfully ignorant and all of us who travel will be subject to their errors. Remember all the problems people had even after the EEI/AES regulations were clarified? For months a few unfortunate people were prevented from traveling with their guns even though they had a valid 4457. The gendarmerie didn’t seem to get the memo! The Proposed or newly enacted rules will take months to get put into practice correctly. And we will be the Guinea Pigs.

Good info, thanks for posting. The democrats and the thinly veiled democrats that post on this site, should be aware, that to vote Democrat in the USA is to vote against hunting. In the long run......FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakester1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?