Need your help.

wayne1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
Big Game Rifle Club Brisbane Queensland Australia
Hunted
Australia
Greetings to all from Australia. I have a story to tell you. For the past 100 years now, we folk in Australia have had reports of big cats. The sightings and predation on livestock has increased substantially in the past 10 years. Reports of sightings and close encouters are becoming more common. These reports and sightings refer to leopards and cougars. Don't laugh! It's true. Recently a book entitled AUSTRALIAN BIG CATS...An Unnatural history of Panthers ..by ...Mike Willams & Rebecca Lang has been written about these animals. Our National and State Governments are in denial, but the crux of the problem is that, nobody has bagged one of the animals. This is where you guys can help. I know they are out there; I've seen them.
What I want to now is this:
1. I want to know how read their footprints, sex,age,weight etc.
2. Their habits and breeding cycles.
3. How dangerous and cagey they can be.
4. Are they a sent hunter or sight & sound hunter.
I need to bag one of the cats to show the Government that they do exist.
It seems pretty far fetched that these cats are roaming our bush, but we have had expert PH residing in Australia that we do have these FELIDS roaming around and they are getting bolder.
Many Thanks for any imput you can give.

Wayne1.

You will find a lot of information about the biology and ecology of these cats by just googling it. Leopards are very illusive and can live on the outskirts of towns without being noticed. They love to prey on dogs, house cats, chickens and prey on anything from a mouse to a zebra. Leopards usually avoid people but are very dangerous when wounded or cornered. I guess cougars are show similar behaviour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross