NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch?

JGRaider

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
Anybody know anything about them, W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch, good, bad, or ugly. I met them at DSC and became interested in hunting there. Thanks in advance.

Only have an impression of the man from speaking with him. I have not hunted with him.
The impression was a good one by the way.

I have not hunted with them, but I have friends who have and they had a good time. They do a fair amount of business with the SCI chapters in WI.

Anybody know anything about them, W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch, good, bad, or ugly. I met them at DSC and became interested in hunting there. Thanks in advance.

I put a deposit on a hunt with them four years ago, but was unable to make it due to business considerations; I told him 6 months before the hunt I would not be able to make it and did not ask for my deposit back or for it to go to another date. He got a bit "chippy" about my cancellation, but I didn't ask for my $ back and there was nothing I could do about the business reasons for me not to go. It is the only hunt in over 25 years that I had to cancel.

I spent a good bit of time researching him and talked to several references, including if I remember correctly, a gentleman who had hunted with him twice. All was favorable and mentioned that you hunt with him, as he runs a small operation. It's a bit of a challenge to get to his operation and I think the best was to fly to Keetmanshoop and he picks you there, or air charter. Don't hold me to that, however.

I was looking at going to Namibia this year and had no reservations about trying to book something, but I found an operation that was a bit easier on getting to.

Hope above is helpful.

Very helpful, and I appreciate it. I'm wanting to go to Namibia, so I kind of narrowed it down to him, Kowas, and Orpa. Any other recs or ideas would be helpful and appreciated as well. I would like to know more about Ozondjahe's operation as well.

Very helpful, and I appreciate it. I'm wanting to go to Namibia, so I kind of narrowed it down to him, Kowas, and Orpa. Any other recs or ideas would be helpful and appreciated as well. I would like to know more about Ozondjahe's operation as well.

Newbie question, but how did you get it down to these two? I was looking at OmuJeve...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatildaGra

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.