NAMIBIA: Mr. Spots In Namibia

WOW!! That is a nice cat. Thanks for taking us on your hair raising Leopard hunt.

Congratulations on a very nice cat! It has been a good year for AH members and Namibian leopards.

You are correct!!! Thank you!

Our lives are so intertwined with others and we need to reflect (at least me) more often at the blessings that are all around us!
+1
Excellent hunt and report! Thanks for sharing.

Hard to disagree with that truth!

1637461479189.jpeg

A few Hartman's Zebras bugging out...

1637461543033.jpeg

another leopard in the grass!

1637461616614.jpeg

bugging out...

Steenbok...
1637461747782.jpeg

Happy for you! What an experience! We're using Jennifer Ginn for our trip in July/August to Namibia, good to hear of her efforts for you! I'll be dreaming of success with spots for the next couple months before our departure in late July. Do you anticipate any issues importing your cat home? Any tips on a timely shipment? Mike.

I filed for USFWS E permit on 21 January 2022. I completed the hunt in November 2031. On 1 April 2022 I received notification that my E permit was pending. 6 April, I removed a request for skull measurements, and several emails later, I sent in another email. The gentleman from USFWS said everything was complete and it was ready for review. Kings Taxidermy completed my hunting items 20 Jan 2022 and Yellowshark has the items waiting for USFWS permitting. I waited to e file when I had all the info from the taxidermy and shipper. I didn’t use a service to complete the e file permit. Make sure you have all the paperwork info completed. The e permit system was simple enough I hope to hear soon the permit is approved. I am not sure I would have done anything differently—it is debatable whether I should have applied before I went or as soon as I returned. I opted to wait until I knew paperwork was complete in Namibia. and Namibia is on holiday for most of January anyway.

Thanks! And Jennifer Ginn was indeed awesome for me!!

some updates on my leopard...
20 Jan 2022 I submitted via E Permit for the leopard. The permit was issued in April 2022. The shipping company was Yellowshark. Because of a typo of my doing, and then because the US postal service lost it twice, I did not receive the permit until August 2022. It was shipped directly from USFWS to New York via UPS, and one month later, last Friday, all the checks were completed. Yellowshark was prompt and courteous and efficient. I used Fauna and Flora and Joy was also fantastic to work with. Now for the wait for taxidermy. I received no billing for storage at Fauna and Flora waiting for the inspections! Thank You!!

Update—Kanati is finishing the taxidermy to hopefully display it at Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA. Plan is for it to be there by Monday for the rest of the week!!

Eager to see some pix!

Not finished but getting there!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg