My Second Man Eating Royal Bengal Tiger

For me it would be an honor to meet @Hunter-Habib in any occasion.

With the rewilding fever and wolf hybrids here it’s closer and closer to the pagan worship rituals that so few likes so much .

One can hope the EU turns around, good chance possibly since the EU lady got her pony taken and killed by wolfs on her farm estate .

However the hunt for a maneating predator like that is something many just read about in old books , it should been published in more magazines also .

I think some associates have some similar ideas also .

Hope to see you in Norway next year Golam...perhaps PerH can join us too..?

Hope to see you in Norway next year Golam...perhaps PerH can join us too..?
Let’s make it happen, Pondoro ! And PerH is always welcome to grace us with his presence, anytime.

I’ll be coming to Oslo to pick up my granddaughter and take her back home when she graduates her final semester from University of Oslo, next year.

She can always come down here on visit also if she want to visit the southern tip for a little while also

One can hope the EU turns around, good chance possibly since the EU lady got her pony taken and killed by wolfs on her farm estate .
The lady did say recently as follows:

qoute
President von der Leyen said: “The concentration of wolf packs in some European regions has become a real danger for livestock and potentially also for humans. I urge local and national authorities to take action where necessary. Indeed, current EU legislation already enables them to do so.”

I know many people who are extremely skilled deer hunters that have gotten killed by trying to go after a man eating Royal Bengal tiger.

No matter how skilled a person is with a firearm, it’s absolutely no use if the man eater manages to ambush them (which is how they always go after their prey, by attacking either from the rear or from the sides but never from the front). The terrain of the Sundarban mangrove forests makes things even worse. Due to the dense mangrove vegetation in the Sundarbans, practically all shots at man eating Royal Bengal tigers are/were taken in low visibility situations (esp. the first 2 which I shot at night over torchlight).

How well the hunter knows the local terrain as well as the behavioral patterns of man eating Royal Bengal tigers are the biggest factor in determining his success when he decides to go after a man eater.
Very well put.

@mark-hunter
@mark-hunter
Observe the wound patterns on these these 3 victims of a man eating Royal Bengal tiger.

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW

These 2 children were killed for feeding purposes, but the man eater was interrupted… thus, being forced to abandon the kills. Degree of postmortem mutilation is extensive.
View attachment 558902View attachment 558903
This victim was killed for trying to hit the man eater with an axe, while the man eater had killed the child in the second photograph for feeding purposes. Degree of postmortem mutilation is minimal.
View attachment 558904

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT ABOVE
Reminds of the leopard kills here.
So of the pictures I have of leopard kills are absolutely shocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well put.
Bapu, I never got to ask you. Out of all the man eating leopards which you have successfully taken till now... how many were:
- Shot during beats
- Shot upon returning to a natural kill
- Shot over live bait
- Shot at night over torchlight

The man eating Royal Bengal tigers inhabiting the Sundarban mangrove forests don't fall prey to live baits. But I understand that live baits have been used with reasonably good success against Indian man eating leopards ?

@Hunter-Habib I do belive it is a dangerous experience it also sounds like a thrilling one at that. What drives me is the idea of being hunted by a maneater while at the same time hunting the maneater itself. The kills are an interesting thing tho I must admit how they will not eat the guy that hit it with an age but just kill him. I am always interested to hear such stories mostly due to loving the book Man eaters of Tsavo

And @mark-hunter you knkw I agree with you on the maneater subject

Thank you for sharing your story Mr. Habib. very much enjoyed

Bapu, I never got to ask you. Out of all the man eating leopards which you have successfully taken till now... how many were:
- Shot during beats
- Shot upon returning to a natural kill
- Shot over live bait
- Shot at night over torchlight

The man eating Royal Bengal tigers inhabiting the Sundarban mangrove forests don't fall prey to live baits. But I understand that live baits have been used with reasonably good success against Indian man eating leopards ?
Habib Saheb till now by god’s grace I have been 100% successful in taking all the man eating leopards which I attempted and moreover have identified and shot the culprit. No human kills after that.
I have been fortunate to tranquil two leopards also which is a difficult task in my opinion. Easier to shot them.
Shot during beats-None. Because there would be generally more than one leopard in the area so chances of shooting down the wrong animal is high.
Shot upon returning to the natural kill-Only two because only two had done natural kills.
Shot over live bait-Seven.Baits were placed were they had left the left the human corpses.
Shot at night over spotlight-Unfortunately none. But I know of other friends who have shot at night with the spotlight.
My personal experience is that best way to get them is immediately after they have done a human kill. Tie the bait where they have left the corpse. They are sure to come IF you don’t disturb the maneater when you go to retrieve the human body( most important) or else the animal will leave the area and again one has to wait for another human loss.
And have faced two changes. Still alive.
Any other questions am happy to reply.
Unfortunately am not very good with writing like most of you guys here.
Bapu.

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW

CDD5572A-7B55-43F1-A499-A45AF7C0B384.jpeg
2EAF8377-8E81-4E5B-AAFE-648CEC951227.jpeg
46E2A657-9BAD-45D6-BE9E-3E168D646837.jpeg
370E569B-8F2E-4A31-A70E-4DCAFDE3E643.jpeg
5B66CE2C-48BD-49CA-8465-7C515630967F.jpeg
BA04DB43-A391-4897-BC0F-50C3D0F33EE2.jpeg
AFE16D11-42FF-4EB4-AAC1-87D29AA1F7BD.jpeg

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT ABOVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Habib Saheb till now by god’s grace I have been 100% successful in taking all the man eating leopards which I attempted and moreover have identified and shot the culprit. No human kills after that.
I have been fortunate to tranquil two leopards also which is a difficult task in my opinion. Easier to shot them.
Shot during beats-None. Because there would be generally more than one leopard in the area so chances of shooting down the wrong animal is high.
Shot upon returning to the natural kill-Only two because only two had done natural kills.
Shot over live bait-Seven.Baits were placed were they had left the left the human corpses.
Shot at night over spotlight-Unfortunately none. But I know of other friends who have shot at night with the spotlight.
My personal experience is that best way to get them is immediately after they have done a human kill. Tie the bait where they have left the corpse. They are sure to come IF you don’t disturb the maneater when you go to retrieve the human body( most important) or else the animal will leave the area and again one has to wait for another human loss.
And have faced two changes. Still alive.
Any other questions am happy to reply.
Unfortunately am not very good with writing like most of you guys here.
Bapu.
Bapu, this is highly impressive. In my experience as well, waiting to ambush a man eating Royal Bengal tiger when he returns to feed on a temporarily abandoned natural kill is the most surefire manner to make sure that we are targeting the specific man eater in question (provided that the animal hasn’t been disturbed just like you said).

I think that you would make an excellent author (far better than myself, anyway). I know that you stopped one leopard charge with your 12 gauge (2.75”) BRNO ZP-49 and Eley Alphamax LG shells. Did you also use this combination to stop the second leopard charge ?

Habib Saheb till now by god’s grace I have been 100% successful in taking all the man eating leopards which I attempted and moreover have identified and shot the culprit.
Bapu, congratulations for this achievement!

I am sure many of the forum members will be thrilled and hooked to hear your stories, once you are willing to share them!

Which firearm and bullet did you use?

And more over, can you share some details about tranquillizer gun used and dosage of sedative used?

Tranquilizer becomes more and more interesting, because in my country they dont anymore allow shooting stray dogs, that kill animals in the woods. (if hunter in the woods kill stray dog its considered criminal act), so removal of stray dogs could be possible with tranq gun, about which I have no idea about! Thus my interest into it.

I am sure many of the forum members will be thrilled and hooked to hear your stories, once you are willing to share them!

And more over, can you share some details about tranquillizer gun used and dosage of sedative used?

Tranquilizer becomes more and more interesting, because in my country they dont anymore allow shooting stray dogs, that kill animals in the woods. (if hunter in the woods kill stray dog its considered criminal act), so removal of stray dogs could be possible with tranq gun, about which I have no idea about! Thus my interest into it.
Hehe lemme tell you one thing count on 2000€ or more for avgood dan inject dart gun if going new iirc. Then you need darts and sedatives and a place to put then like a shelrer which are crowded. And as you know our country is run by idiots a bullet is a more simple solution but as you said....illedal sadly and then you have em causing damage on the deer population and livestock. A guy nearby has cows and had a calf killed either by a dog or a jackal we know it surely isn't a wolf since there are no wolves where I hunt. So yea...

Thank you mark- hunter.

I use a model 70 pre64 with S&B 180grs SP. Simple deer ammunition no fancy ammunition. And all have given me very satisfying results. For backups shotgun.

Dan inject rifle. Xylazine × ketamin 2 /3 for leopards.
Bapu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scanerabledo

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.