My Second Man Eating Royal Bengal Tiger

Fascinating story. I love to read the stories like this (I have read most of Jim Corbett's books) and you did an excellent job of holding the readers attention and providing great suspense.

Fascinating story. I love to read the stories like this (I have read most of Jim Corbett's books) and you did an excellent job of holding the readers attention and providing great suspense.
Why thank you, Bill. I never knew I had any writing skills in me that were worth a damn.

That’s real beautiful 7x57mm Mauser Model 1985, 0002S. Imagine a 130 year old caliber which has successfully been used to down everything from Muntjac deer to elephants. Truly mindblowing.

Mind blowing sums it up. One could argue it's harvested more species that any other round.

My action started out in Chile. Oh if it could talk, the stories it could tell.

Is it possible to hunt "wildbor" or even "bluebull" in India today?
Legaly?
For tourists also?

Is it possible to hunt "wildbor" or even "bluebull" in India today?
Legaly?
For tourists also?
In regards to wild boar and blue bulls in India…
There are government appointed culling teams (called “Shooters”) there who do the culling, but if you really want to shoot wild boars and/or blue bulls in India (Legally)… then, I’ll be more than happy to speak to my contacts there and arrange for you to be a part of the culling team.

One thing about India that I cannot support at all, is that every year thousands of blue bulls and wild boars are shot as part of the culling programs. But rather than permit the meat to be utilized in any sustainable manner, all of the carcasses are buried. Let that sink in for a moment. In a country where thousands of impoverished locals are starving, the government would rather have thousands of pounds of prime blue bull venison and wild pork rot under the ground… rather than let any of the local communities consume the meat. All because they are so fanatically opposed to hunting/meat eating/firearms ownership and can’t bring themselves to admit that hunting is actually a key component of sustainable wildlife management.

This isn’t even a religious issue or a cultural issue. This is just plain wrong and frankly speaking, quite criminal. It is true that some followers of the Hindu faith erroneously consider blue bulls to be bovines (a sacred animal to them) because their local name is “Nilgai” (“Nil” meaning “Blue” & ”Gai” meaning “Cow”)… Even though blue bulls are obviously antelopes and not bovines. But many Hindu people don’t and would happily dine on blue bull venison (to say nothing of the populations of people living in India who aren’t even Hindu at all and therefore have absolutely no religious issues with eating the meat of blue bulls to begin with). And to waste so much fresh & nutritional blue bull venison (and wild pork in the case of non-Muslims) when so many people in the nation cannot eat one square meal… is absolutely disgusting and sinful.

No matter what religion you follow.

There photographs were provided to me by Nawab Shifath Ali Khan (one of the head blue bull & wild boar culling officers in India). They are just of one blue bull cull and one wild boar cull.
IMG_1713.jpeg
IMG_1708.jpeg

It brings tears to my eyes the fresh meat of so many majestic wild game all goes to complete waste by rotting under the ground, rather than being distributed to the local communities (esp. in areas like Kuch Bihar where crops have been completely razed by the rancid depredations of blue bulls & wild boars and the local people are literally starving to death).

Last edited:
All because they are so fanatically opposed to hunting/meat eating/firearms ownership and can’t bring themselves to admit that hunting is actually a key component of sustainable wildlife management.

Does this stem from a hatred for the British culture, Religious, and or generally some other form of misguided hate? It is amazing that they will let people starve rather than use the resources to help all people not matter what the race or religion.

Does this stem from a hatred for the British culture, Religious, and or generally some other form of misguided hate? It is amazing that they will let people starve rather than use the resources to help all people not matter what the race or religion.
My Indian friend & fellow forum member, @Bapu (a gentleman who has hunted several man eating leopards in India for local forest departments) is much more qualified to shed light on this matter than I am. Since he actually lives there.

It’s not entirely a religious issue since I personally know upwards of a hundred Hindu people who are extremely passionate hunters and shooters. After Bapu sheds light on this matter, then I will put in a word or two.

In
My Indian friend & fellow forum member, @Bapu (a gentleman who has hunted several man eating leopards in India for local forest departments) is much more qualified to shed light on this matter than I am. Since he actually lives there.

It’s not entirely a religious issue since I personally know upwards of a hundred Hindu people who are extremely passionate hunters and shooters. After Bapu sheds light on this matter, then I will put in a word or two.
In my humble opinion my friend has put it very correctly and his comments are true to the fact.
All protein wasted.
Unfortunately we believe in conservation and not wildlife management.
Less said is better.

In

In my humble opinion my friend has put it very correctly and his comments are true to the fact.
All protein wasted.
Unfortunately we believe in conservation and not wildlife management.
Less said is better.
By the way, I found a box of .375 Holland & Holland Magnum Winchester Super Speed flat nosed lubaloy jacketed FMJ solid cartridges for you, @Bapu (20 rounds). When you come to visit me, they’re all yours.

Should be lovely for the wild boar culling.
IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg
IMG_2103.jpeg

Last edited:
By the way, I found a box of .375 Holland & Holland Magnum Winchester Super Speed flat nosed lubaloy jacketed FMJ solid cartridges for you, @Bapu (20 rounds). When you come to visit me, they’re all yours.

Should be lovely for the wild boar culling.
View attachment 558233
View attachment 558234View attachment 558235
Thank you very much that’s very kind of you. The Asiatic lions of Gir are looking forward to your visit. When do we see you here?
It will be a fantastic exchange program as we use to call it in school visiting each other.

Thank you very much that’s very kind of you. The Asiatic lions of Gir are looking forward to your visit. When do we see you here?
It will be a fantastic exchange program as we use to call it in school visiting each other.
Hopefully, a few months from now. I'll be staying at the Tollyganj club in Calcutta, Bapu. And I'll be notifying you one week in advance. There's a magnificent William Evans boxlock ejector in .450/400 Nitro Express in Calcutta which I really want to see.

Hopefully, a few months from now. I'll be staying at the Tollyganj club in Calcutta, Bapu. And I'll be notifying you one week in advance. There's a magnificent William Evans boxlock ejector in .450/400 Nitro Express in Calcutta which I really want to see.
Is the 450/400 for sale?

Is the 450/400 for sale?
I believe so, Bapu. A close friend of mine is desperately trying to buy it. And I don't blame him.

William Evans used to manufacture the finest boxlock ejector double rifles in all of London.

I believe so, Bapu. A close friend of mine is desperately trying to buy it. And I don't blame him.

William Evans used to manufacture the finest boxlock ejector double rifles in all of London.
If your friend doesn’t pick it for some reason let me give it a try.
Thanks

If your friend doesn’t pick it for some reason let me give it a try.
Thanks
I got him to send me some photographs, Bapu. Absolutely stunning, isn't it ?
IMG-20230816-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20230816-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20230816-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230816-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230816-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230816-WA0005.jpg

What a beautiful double it is , and to use revolver bullets as practice also with reloads that mimic .400 3 inch one can do also

Or small game / short range medium game also to save large ammo .

In regards to wild boar and blue bulls in India…
There are government appointed culling teams (called “Shooters”) there who do the culling, but if you really want to shoot wild boars and/or blue bulls in India (Legally)… then, I’ll be more than happy to speak to my contacts there and arrange for you to be a part of the culling team.

One thing about India that I cannot support at all, is that every year thousands of blue bulls and wild boars are shot as part of the culling programs. But rather than permit the meat to be utilized in any sustainable manner, all of the carcasses are buried. Let that sink in for a moment. In a country where thousands of impoverished locals are starving, the government would rather have thousands of pounds of prime blue bull venison and wild pork rot under the ground… rather than let any of the local communities consume the meat. All because they are so fanatically opposed to hunting/meat eating/firearms ownership and can’t bring themselves to admit that hunting is actually a key component of sustainable wildlife management.

This isn’t even a religious issue or a cultural issue. This is just plain wrong and frankly speaking, quite criminal. It is true that some followers of the Hindu faith erroneously consider blue bulls to be bovines (a sacred animal to them) because their local name is “Nilgai” (“Nil” meaning “Blue” & ”Gai” meaning “Cow”)… Even though blue bulls are obviously antelopes and not bovines. But many Hindu people don’t and would happily dine on blue bull venison (to say nothing of the populations of people living in India who aren’t even Hindu at all and therefore have absolutely no religious issues with eating the meat of blue bulls to begin with). And to waste so much fresh & nutritional blue bull venison (and wild pork in the case of non-Muslims) when so many people in the nation cannot eat one square meal… is absolutely disgusting and sinful.

No matter what religion you follow.

There photographs were provided to me by Nawab Shifath Ali Khan (one of the head blue bull & wild boar culling officers in India). They are just of one blue bull cull and one wild boar cull.
View attachment 558213View attachment 558214
It brings tears to my eyes the fresh meat of so many majestic wild game all goes to complete waste by rotting under the ground, rather than being distributed to the local communities (esp. in areas like Kuch Bihar where crops have been completely razed by the rancid depredations of blue bulls & wild boars and the local people are literally starving to death).
I have just come from Turkey where they have a lot of wild boars. No one goes hungry there, of course, but meat is extremely expensive (inflation 80 % !!) and the meat of the pigs remains in the bush for the jackals because as Muslims they refuse to eat it...........

Did you also weigh your tigers , now and then ?

What does a strong one weigh ?

Great reports you write.

Thanks

What a beautiful double it is , and to use revolver bullets as practice also with reloads that mimic .400 3 inch one can do also

Or small game / short range medium game also to save large ammo .
Per, I never knew that you enjoyed vintage William Evans double rifles as well. What a pleasant surprise. Now, we have one more thing in common. Nobody manufactured a better British boxlock double rifle than this firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jburkholder1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double