Mistakenly given 375 Ruger die set as gift

I always put a roll crimp on mine to keep bullets from being hammered into the case by hitting the front of the magwell on recoil.
That makes a whole lot of sense.

Sounds about right.

I use Barnes 270gr. I was recommended to go 250gr for the slight advantage around 300 meters. The chance I'll need to take that shot is low.

No reason to change bullets. 270 gr. does well at 300 yds/meters. Ask me how I know...:)

I think they stopped making them in 2001 if I recall. It's got a few nicks. He might just make an offer.
Any opinions on crimping. 375 hand loads? Yes or no?

I'm told often it isn't necessary, I figured I have your attention I may as well ask. Surprising to me that some people don't.
Lee Factory Crimp die. I use it on every caliber I reload that they make one for. Can't buckle a case neck with the LFC like you can doing a roll crimp with the seating die. Doesn't require every case be exactly the same length. I'd call it idiot proof, but that would tempt Murphy.....

Lee Factory Crimp die. I use it on every caliber I reload that they make one for. Can't buckle a case neck with the LFC like you can doing a roll crimp with the seating die. Doesn't require every case be exactly the same length. I'd call it idiot proof, but that would tempt Murphy.....
I was way off.

You're not the first person to suggest Lee crimp die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rowan458

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.