Michael Sipple mauled by Cape buffalo prayer request

Great news. Hope and pray the recovery continues as well as it has been going.

Praying for a speedy recovery!

Let me add my prayers for all concerned with this unfortunate incident. The circumstances could happen to any of us, client or PH.

Prayer added, sooner or later it is forget about shot placement, it is point or prod & shoot. Thank god for Hero trackers, funny we don’t even know their names do we?

Lon

Get well soon! Thoughts and prayers, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Prayer added, sooner or later it is forget about shot placement, it is point or prod & shoot. Thank god for Hero trackers, funny we don’t even know their names do we?

Lon
Sir, respectfully the trackers name are mentioned several times. Washington & Alfred, I am sure this is an unfortunate oversight on your part. Just trying to make sure the trackers are known.

Prayers offered up for all parties involved.

Prayers for him, and prayers of thankfulness for those able to keep this from being so much worse. I've not hunted with him, but he has always seemed like a good man with interacting with folks on here.

Glad it wasn't worse outcome. Easily could have been fatal.

I am curious. I understand why the handicapped client was not allowed to go along for followup. However, I have seen many videos of followup on wounded Cape buffalo (very many actually) and I don't recall only one gun in the team. Was there a reason one of the trackers could not have been armed with the hunter's rifle (e.g. licensing)?

Washington not only killed the buffalo but coordinated probably 10 men to machete a trail so Mike could be brought out and applied first aid.
The reason I know this is it was my hunt. My hearing so bad from military that even with hearing aids and all around fitness level poor Mike knew I was a detriment to team. Basically no way to communicate by whispering to me. Alfred was also of tremendous value. Both can be credited with saving Mike’s life.
Totally correct and proper call to have me exit the bush so he wouldn’t be babysitting me while tracking wounded buff.
I've waited to respond 'til the dust settled. First I would like to say that I'm reasonably sure that this incident is weighing heavy on your mind as I know it would with me. There are many endeavors that people engage in that can end up badly for those that choose to follow that path. I too wish Mr. Sippel a full and speedy recovery but I would also wish you the same if you are wrestling with your own thoughts. I'm wondering if there are some lessons that can be learned from this incident that could be shared that would be of help to others; maybe not since stuff does just happen occasionally.

Your comments, and the comments of others, about the trackers skill and courage should be remembered. Sometimes I wonder if some don't give them the credit they are due for the fine work that they do to make a DG safari a success. They are key members of the team and should be appreciated for their contribution to the team.

Lastly, you mentioned something that I thought quite important. I too have a hearing issue from my military service. In my case it's most apparent in understanding speech. Add that to accents, second language issues and the need to whisper at times it can be quite difficult to communicate in stressful situations. Fortunately technology has given us the ability to overcome these situations with readily available noise cancelling hearing enhancement.

My very best regards to you sir.

Wishing him a speedy recovery so he can get back out there hunting again soon enough

Prayers for a quick recovery without any long effects. This is an unfortunate incident, and any of us could have been in that situation.

Sir, respectfully the trackers name are mentioned several times. Washington & Alfred, I am sure this is an unfortunate oversight on your part. Just trying to make sure the trackers are known.
Sorry overlooked the names. Now they will go into a serious state of concern for your health. Speedy recovery. Lon

Praying for speedy recovery and getting back at it,
Kudos for your team/trackers to have the clear minds to go back and kill the buffalo.

USN, it is a tough one but know that you can replay the whole event 1 million times it cannot be changed. I'm sure you will be and commit yourself to help in Micheal's recovery.
Hope you can have peace soon on this event and may we learn from it.

Just now saw this! Prayers for Michael going forward with recovery, and for his family. My son and I hunted with his partner Dempsey Bayly last year and they are a first rate crew. Didn't meet Michael, but heard great things about him. Alfred was on my son's team and was highly regarded by him. Here's wishing the whole crew our very best.

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. It could have ended much worse. Sometimes those nasty critters just don't know they're supposed to be dead.

I'm sure all involved will relive every little detail of this 1000 times in their minds. Stuff happens. Africa. Sounds like the trackers did an outstanding job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LetaAvera2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?