Merkel 140 reviews

I just got myself a Merkel A140 .470 NE and can't wait to test it. Taking it this summer to my camp in Zimbabwe and most likely will leave it there to use when I go. I bought a couple of boxes of Hornady DGX and DGS, I'll tell you how they do.

I just got myself a Merkel A140 .470 NE and can't wait to test it. Taking it this summer to my camp in Zimbabwe and most likely will leave it there to use when I go. I bought a couple of boxes of Hornady DGX and DGS, I'll tell you how they do.
Congratulations!!

I hear this a lot, but I wonder how much of it is real and how much just repetition of a story? The internet does that. In any event I am sure a bit of gunsmithing could solve it if it is there.
To put it to bed though please can I ask any of the Merkel double owners on here whether they have had any trigger, or other problems? Reason being we have a young learner PH who needs a double and the Merkel is so much more reasonable in SA.
i know this an old thread but the Merkle 140 cannot double fire unless the protective sear is broken. When I bought mine and asap sent it to JJ perodeau he told me it is a great feature they have but many are broken like mine…it was a fairly easy fix

i know this an old thread but the Merkle 140 cannot double fire unless the protective sear is broken. When I bought mine and asap sent it to JJ perodeau he told me it is a great feature they have but many are broken like mine…it was a fairly easy fix
Many broken like mine does not sound so good....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxanaTier

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!