Meopta optics & hunting/shooting supply store??

Longfeather1

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Safari Club International, Life Member
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience with Meopta rifle scopes? In particular their Optika-6 series of scopes? Good / bad/ in different / warranty about them?

Also for our European friends here, has anyone had any dealings with a shooting/hunting store by the name of Zarimex?

Any info on either is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Longfeather

I have quite few Meopta scopes - love them.

Don't have an Optika 6 - but used a friends Optika 5, 2-10x 42 yesterday - very impressive glass, adjustable paralax/focus, crisp and postive clicks.

Incredible value - I think he paid ~AU$500.

The only thing I don't like on it is the ridiculously oversized power ring - but having said that, the scope mounted at the right height no problems on his CZ457 (they do have a 60° bolt lift.

After using his, I'm convinced I need to buy one (y)

Meopta seems to be doing a good job. They are developing a good reputation on some other forums that I'm on.
Bruce

I have one of the Meopta Meostar R2 1.7-10X42. With the BDC 3 reticle. It's illuminated and basically a red dot sight for close but the ability to reach out a bit also. It's on my 375 Ruger and in my mind it's perfect for a combo DG and plains game hunt with one gun or as a back up for each type.
Great glass adjusts smooth and has held up well. Like many manufactures they have different lines ..... but if the 6 is built with the same quality you will be well served.

I have a Meopta 3-10x42 with illuminated dot in the reticle on a Merkel K3 30-06. It has a 1" tube which I love for the lighter rifle. I bought it several years ago from EuroOptic during DSC. The Meopta rep had an incredible price on it, and I bought it not knowing what rifle it would go on. :LOL:

I would rate it as good as the Swarovski Z3 at a much lower price (at that time).

Safe shooting

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience with Meopta rifle scopes? In particular their Optika-6 series of scopes? Good / bad/ in different / warranty about them?

Also for our European friends here, has anyone had any dealings with a shooting/hunting store by the name of Zarimex?

Any info on either is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Longfeather
@Longfeather1
I have two meopta meopro 3.5-10x44 scopes. One z Plex the other BDC. Both excellent scopes that track well, hold zero and have brilliant clarity and allow me to shoot before full dawn and upto just after dark.
On ten power I can clearly see .22cal holes in the target at 100 yards
Can't fault them in value for money.
Bob

Brought my first Meopta scope about 4 mts ago after talking to BOB 35 W, a meosport 3-15 x50 it appears to be very good. Also just brought a Riton 6-24 Conquer 3 6-24 for my CZ 455 Varmint a very impressive scope for the money.

Brought my first Meopta scope about 4 mts ago after talking to BOB 35 W, a meosport 3-15 x50 it appears to be very good. Also just brought a Riton 6-24 Conquer 3 6-24 for my CZ 455 Varmint a very impressive scope for the money.
@rdog
Now you've listened to me on meopta scopes maybe you'll listen and get rid of that 243 or rebarrel it to 250 Savage.
Bob

I have 2 , older versions but they see good and rugged . One of them been on 5-7 different cartridges from .22-250 up to .300 Win and it is one good one .
Next Im looking for a 3-9 of theirs for one of them . If not a 1-6x i think would be good on .375

@rdog
Now you've listened to me on meopta scopes maybe you'll listen and get rid of that 243 or rebarrel it to 250 Savage.
Bob
Yes Bob, i was in the local gun shop yesterday & they had a very nice Ruger 77 tang safety in 22/250
i thought to my self buy it & get Swan to re barrel it in 250/3000, then i thought it may end in a divorce
if i buy a another rifle.

Yes Bob, i was in the local gun shop yesterday & they had a very nice Ruger 77 tang safety in 22/250
i thought to my self buy it & get Swan to re barrel it in 250/3000, then i thought it may end in a divorce
if i buy a another rifle.
@rdog
Just rebarrel the 243, cheaper and no divorce.
Bob

Recently bought a gun with a Meopta scope. Good budget scopes that don't break the bank.

Zarimex is a Bulgarian store if I am correct. If your within the EU it will probably ship no problem. If I can suggest a online store with good customer service I would look a optics-trade.eu . They also have all the Meopta models.

One of the guys at the range had the most impressive spotting scope set ups I have ever seen. It was a nightforce and he had this pelican type case and a tripod so fancy it looked like it was designed by NASA after talking with him he told me, "and later I looked online" that it was a rebadged meopta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.