Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA Canada, RSA, Argentina, Namibia/Caprivi
Love at First Sight

The first time I saw her I knew she was the one for me. How do I tell my wife that I have fallen for another? Maybe I should start at the beginning, my wife and I both work fulltime and we are both fulltime students. On top of all that my wife just completed a microbiology research project that required her to put in an extra 20 hours a week. She finished the research project and I completed college on July 10th. We decided to take a week off and head for Wyoming to do a little fly fishing. What has all this to do with my new love, you may ask? Well, we decided to drive through Nebraska and since I-80 runs by Sydney, Nebraska, we stopped in at the Cabela’s store to pick up some leaders and flies. “While we are here, we might as well look around,” I thought. I eventually made my way back to the gun library and when I glanced into the glass case, it was love at first sight.

The twin barrels immediately caught my eye, the light scroll and coin finish put me over the edge. All of this nestled into a lovely walnut stock; I knew I would have to hold her. I asked the sales person if I could take a closer look and as he put the rifle in my hands, I knew I could never let go. “I knew I would find you here,” my wife said, as she caught me caressing the Krieghoff.
As I turned around with the same guilty look that I had when she had caught me the last time, she said, “Why don’t you just buy it?”
You could have knocked me over with a feather. All of these years, the dream had seemed to slip away, but now it is becoming a reality. I feel light headed and I am trembling all over as we go into an office in the back to discuss terms. We come to an agreement and I am on cloud nine and all of this time I have not set the gun down. My wife asks to hold it and I reluctantly hand it over, “Kind of heavy,” she says and hands it back.

The transaction will have to be completed in Oklahoma so I have to hand the rifle back to the sales person. They finally pry my new love out of my hands and as we leave the store, my wife asks how it feels to own a Krieghoff 470 Nitro Express and I tell her it feels great. When we get back to the car she tells me not to let it go to my head, I told her not to worry but she should now refer to me as “Bwana Two Pipes.” She rolls her eyes at me as we get back on the highway but I am already thinking about where my wife is going to sleep when the gun gets home; I can’t leave the gun in the safe all night, it might get lonely.

Sometime later...
I received the ammo yesterday and the rifle is supposed to arrive tomorrow, I am on pins and needles. I am happy to say that she has arrived with no problems or damage. I went straight home and set up a target that you can see from the pictures pleases me to no end.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful rifle but even better wife.
Maybe you could have your wife on one side of the bed and your rifle on the o that side with you in the middle. It would be a threesome your wife wouldn't get upset about.
Bob

I have one as well and it is a neat gun. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudraQ7266

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you