Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
doas anyone have experience or pictures of loading a buffalo onto a short wheelbase Land Rover? I am toying with diging a ramp.

We always gutted and quartered them in the field. They load easy, short wheel base, long wheel base, bed or on a rack.

In Tanzania we cut it in half right behind the ribs and lifted the front half into the bed, then set the rear 1/2 on top! They were heavy!

Thanks for all the ideas guys. That Toyota looks well kitted out. We dont have a winch so may have to cut it in half first.

doas anyone have experience or pictures of loading a buffalo onto a short wheelbase Land Rover? I am toying with diging a ramp.

IMG_4874.JPG

a winch with a deflection roller is quite comfortable

DSC00699.JPG

only manpower-you have no chance.
You must slaughter him.Take care of lions :)
Foxi

The two times that we did it without a bed winch (Once in Moz and once in SA) we stood him on his butt and and rolled him on in. Takes a few folks.

That is a really good solution!
We have never succeeded
Maybe the cool beer was missing.
Not everyone has strength and skill for heavy matters :)
ah.jpg

Last edited:
Small chain saw, new blade and no oil. Cut it up and load it in no time.

You Zim boys like to do things the hard way sometimes(I know you probably only have the shorty Land Rover). The other problem you have is the small tailgate.

Land Cruiser and winch is the easy way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleneMoa

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.