Limpopo bird hunting

lupacexi

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for a few years but haven't posted much. I do want to thank everyone for so much valuable information though. I am going on my third trip to SA next month. Early June. I will actually be hunting two different places. One I have been to before one I have not. One is around the Bokkraal area and the other Louis Trichardt area. I'll have two days between hunts and looking to fill them with something fun. Was curios if anyone knew of any bird hunting areas between those two areas? I know most wingshooting is done south in the Free state area but hoping someone may know of a farm that provides it further north. It's just a thought. I'm also looking at maybe some fishing. Anything really to fill the time. Any suggestions is appreciated. I will be traveling with rifles so I'm not sure about staying at any of the parks.

I love upland bird hunting! I have a GSP and we have hunted most of the Rocky Mountain states from Montana to Texas.
I don’t know where those areas are, but Pieter at PawPrints has 3 GSPs and does upland and waterfowl hunts. You can check their website for info. They are located near Rustenberg about 1 1/2 hours west of Joberg.
Hope this helps!

Welcome to AH! Glad you decided to join us!

Welcome to AH sir. Your outfitter should have a connection for bird hunting. I know mine does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristineFu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.