Lightest 12 gauge pump?

I don’t know if it’s the lightest..but I had an old Ithaca 37 featherlight that was very lightweight (i think it came in right at 7lbs loaded), had wonderful balance, and pointed lightning fast…

I let a friend have it a few years ago… he really wanted it and has quite the collection of Ithaca’s… I’ve regretted it ever since…

@Null754 - what is the intended use for such a shotgun?

If you want a truly light and useful shotgun the Benelli UltraLight at 6.1 lbs and the Franchi Instinct SL is 5.6 lbs are great options but neither are pumps.

Lightest pump I know of is the Win SXP that’s around 6.8 lbs.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Ithaca M37 Featherlight. It's what I learned to shoot shotgun with. Very reliable, well made.

One of the no longer made Winchester 1300s with the 22 inch barrel is a very light pump.

I’d look for one of them if I wanted a light pump.

I have a Benelli Ultralight and a really nice reliable light shotgun.

Another vote for the Ithaca M37 Featherlight. It's what I learned to shoot shotgun with. Very reliable, well made.

I believe that the browning BPS uses the Ithaca design? Unfortunately, their version is heavier than Ithaca’s.

Agree on the Ithaca M37 - or an early M12 Winchester.

I don’t know if it’s the lightest..but I had an old Ithaca 37 featherlight that was very lightweight (i think it came in right at 7lbs loaded), had wonderful balance, and pointed lightning fast…

I let a friend have it a few years ago… he really wanted it and has quite the collection of Ithaca’s… I’ve regretted it ever since…
I recently sold 3 M37’s. (2) 12ga featherlites and (1) 20ga featherlite. The 20ga was a hard one to give up but I’ve still got another in the safe.

Reactions: WAB
The Ithaca M37’s are light, I still hunt with mine occasionally shoot try to shoot trap with it, I let my wife shoot a round of trap with it and even with light loads it has a little thump to it, great gun though, I still have my receipt from Kmart for it 139.99 with tax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Link45

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?