Lever Action Love...

I posted this in another thread but it surely belongs in one called “Lever action love”.

Filled the freezer with three does with my 1936 Winchester 71 this fall. (Overpopulated area). The .348 certainly shortens tracking a dragging distances. No meat ruined and really fun to use. :giggle:

8DC649A2-E731-4650-974A-A49A7F59FB47.jpeg

I posted this in another thread but it surely belongs in one called “Lever action love”.

Filled the freezer with three does with my 1936 Winchester 71 this fall. (Overpopulated area). The .348 certainly shortens tracking a dragging distances. No meat ruined and really fun to use. :giggle:

View attachment 505868
@Randy F
Time to go the next step mate and get a Winchester 88 or BLR in 358. Not a classic but good cartridge.
Bob

@Randy F
Time to go the next step mate and get a Winchester 88 or BLR in 358. Not a classic but good cartridge.
Bob
Not a lever, but considering a Winchester 1907 I’ve come across. Built in 1908 and Chambered in .351. Still not sure. I’ll never get back to Africa if I keep buying these gems. :E Shrug:

View attachment 505868

I don't know which I'm more jealous of, the rifle or hunting an area of WI overpopulated with deer. That must be a great feeling to knock down a deer with an open sight LA. Nice job.

I don't know which I'm more jealous of, the rifle or hunting an area of WI overpopulated with deer. That must be a great feeling to knock down a deer with an open sight LA. Nice job.
:giggle: Thanks. I never forget how fortunate I am to be able to hunt these areas. And I completely agree with the thrill of open sights on deer. My vision isn’t getting any better so that peep sight made it easy. Regular open sights I struggle with.

I also finished up in that same area with an ok buck on the last day of muzzle loader season. Freezer full!
23BFBA16-0963-45C0-8034-693BDC4F68CE.jpeg

Finally got some Peregrine 180gr Hogs loaded up. Hoping Santa might be kind and bring a Scrumbag a chrony…

View attachment 506213
@Scrumbag
Scrummy I've been told you have been a bad,bad boy so Santa is bringing you diddly squat.
I know the miserable fat bastard in red isn't stopping at my house because I've put a parking metre on the chimney. That'll stuff him up.
Bob

@Scrumbag
Scrummy I've been told you have been a bad,bad boy so Santa is bringing you diddly squat.
I know the miserable fat bastard in red isn't stopping at my house because I've put a parking metre on the chimney. That'll stuff him up.
Bob

It's probably true.

Scrummy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieL592

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.