Leica Geovid Pro 32 - Availibility

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I was intrigued by this range finding binocular after the announcements at SCI and DSC. I even handled it at the SCI show, very compact and handy. The announcement from Leica is on the thread below.

However, the 10x32 version was not available anywhere. I had an online in-stock notification from a variety of vendors including Sport Optics. Well, last Saturday I got notification that it was in stock, there were 5. Now, there are 4. ;)

They are running a special on no sales tax purchase and free shipping. Leica does not allow them to fully discount it, but if you ask for it they will give you another 5% off the list price. As far as I know they are the only vendor that has those in stock.

I will do a functional review once I get it. I will take it to Africa, and of course prairie dog hunting next year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.19.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.19.37 PM.png
    967.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.19.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.19.39 PM.png
    621.1 KB · Views: 65
Now that you have them, what do you think? They are on my Christmas list

They are fantastic. First, they were very light compared to other range finding binoculars. Functionally, very clear and I was able to range in all conditions. 10+ rating for sure.

They are fantastic. First, they were very light compared to other range finding binoculars. Functionally, very clear and I was able to range in all conditions. 10+ rating for sure.

Apart from a dedicated pair of spotting binoculars or low light binoculars, would you consider these as the perfect all around Bino’s to purchase?

I have a whole bunch in stock. If anyone needs a pair of the 8x32 or 10x32 hit me up.

Apart from a dedicated pair of spotting binoculars or low light binoculars, would you consider these as the perfect all around Bino’s to purchase?
For a rangefinder binos, yes. I might go with Swarovski NL Pure 8/10x32s for regular binoculars if I did not need the range finding feature as they are even lighter.

As mentioned in my original post, Sport Optics always runs a special of sort and one can get them at a some sort of a discount if one calls.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.10.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.10.59 AM.png
    813.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.11.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.11.01 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.11.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 7.11.03 AM.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 35
I was intrigued by this range finding binocular after the announcements at SCI and DSC. I even handled it at the SCI show, very compact and handy. The announcement from Leica is on the thread below.

However, the 10x32 version was not available anywhere. I had an online in-stock notification from a variety of vendors including Sport Optics. Well, last Saturday I got notification that it was in stock, there were 5. Now, there are 4. ;)

They are running a special on no sales tax purchase and free shipping. Leica does not allow them to fully discount it, but if you ask for it they will give you another 5% off the list price. As far as I know they are the only vendor that has those in stock.

I will do a functional review once I get it. I will take it to Africa, and of course prairie dog hunting next year.

I looked very closely at this binocular I do not need. I still want it. The 10x42 EHR is what I use now and its wonderful. But the 10x32 is just small enough on a chest pack you can better draw a bow without having any obstruction, and the smaller chest pack required is less uncomfortable than the bigger pair.

I believe this will be the go-to bino for a tremendous number of people. I keep prodding leica, asking why they won't let us input arrow and bow information so it can do ballistic drop details for archery. It would be so cool to get a firing solution that says "move slider to spot 17" on a single-pin sight. But nonetheless, its a great product.

Please write a review when you get yours.

Yeah, I like the Peak Design strap on all my cameras and binos, very comfortable and handy. I think @Red Leg uses it now as well.

Works perfectly in Africa where I carry my binos cross shoulder (right hip). Rifle is normally muzzle down left shoulder. The strap material is very durable and slides easily and quickly when bringing into use.

For mountain hunting I use a padded harness, and for everything else a minimalist rig.

For a rangefinder binos, yes. I might go with Swarovski NL Pure 8/10x32s for regular binoculars if I did not need the range finding feature as they are even lighter.

As mentioned in my original post, Sport Optics always runs a special of sort and one can get them at a some sort of a discount if one calls.

Any advertised special Sport Optics runs would be the same any optics dealer can run, they all have very very strict MAP guidelines. No Optics dealer for almost any of the high end brands is going to risk breaking it. Letting one guy do it and no one else is breaking the Sherman Antitrust act for 1, and 2 no retailer is going to risk losing their contract. Ask OP what Swaro thinks of their games. I would try to find someone who does not have a Nexus in your state to get out of the sales tax, maybe some points back, or wait to see what happens around Black Friday. I know of some deals coming for sure.

The NL pures are great, I think you will find the Zeiss Victory a more comfortable and crisper binos than the NL. They also allow more light in, the NL have a better edge and great color.

Good luck

Well, I am not going to argue about the games they play. Let's just say it was cheaper than anywhere else I could have gotten it.

Well, I am not going to argue about the games they play. Let's just say it was cheaper than anywhere else I could have gotten it.
If you call and they offer it less that's one thing, would still get them in trouble if that info goes out. Not what Leica, Swaro and Zeiss want to hear. If they advertise it, they will get an email very fast and told to fix it. If you want to keep the deals, first rule is don't talk about fight club. Leica is on here and I am sure not what they want floating around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.