Krieghoff Classic Double Rifle For Sale

GWS140

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

My father, who recently passed away left me a Krieghoff Classic double rifle with 2 barrels. One is chambered in 375 H&H and the other is a 470 NE. This rifle has never been fired since it was tested at the factory and was manufactured in 2002. I have all documentation as well as the hard case, extra accessories ie; leather sling and leather cartridge holder. My father was a retired LEO and I am a retired CT. State Trooper. My father before his passing asked me to sell it so as to provide my mother some financial security which is my only goal. I have spoken with Krieghoff and based on what this set would cost today so I know what it’s valued at. If anyone is interested or knows of anyone who might be interested please reach out on here. I attached some photos for all to see. Thank you.
IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_1327.jpeg
IMG_1324.jpeg
IMG_1323.jpeg
IMG_1319.jpeg
IMG_1317.jpeg
IMG_1316.jpeg

Nice gun but you have to obey our rules which say you must post a price. I may be wrong but it seems to show you are not a member or a new one so please do not be surprised or offended if people will be a little leery when they may not have much knowledge of you on AH. GLWS

Nice gun but you have to obey our rules which say you must post a price. I may be wrong but it seems to show you are not a member or a new one so please do not be surprised or offended if people will be a little leery when they may not have much knowledge of you on AH. GLWS
No offense taken at all. I signed up prior to posting this for the purpose of seeing if I can find a potential buyer. This was suggested by Krieghoff International. As far a pricing, new this set would be $31k, rifle with one barrel is $19,495 and the second barrel is $10,995. I’m aware of the fact that this is considered “used” despite it condition and never having been fired. With that being said I’m asking $24k but open to legitimate reasonable offers only.

That is a very beautiful setup. I wish I could swing it right now... You might consider taking it to Africa yourself, in your dad's honor. Drop a buffalo with it, then sell it afterward. What a cool story that would be! Best of luck with your sale, and I wish you the best! Sorry I can't afford it now or I'd have it myself :)

No offense taken at all. I signed up prior to posting this for the purpose of seeing if I can find a potential buyer. This was suggested by Krieghoff International. As far a pricing, new this set would be $31k, rifle with one barrel is $19,495 and the second barrel is $10,995. I’m aware of the fact that this is considered “used” despite it condition and never having been fired. With that being said I’m asking $24k but open to legitimate reasonable offers only.

Youve got a beautiful rifle there and a reasonable starting price. Good luck with your sale and condolences on the loss of your father.

I will join the others in offering sincerest condolences to you and your mother. You have settled on a fair price for that set, and unless you need to move it quickly, I would not accept anything lower. Unfortunately, the people who will actually buy it represent a very small shot group.

Here is obviously a good place to start. Someone wanting a "pair" of doubles for both a general purpose rifle and a dedicated dangerous game rifle could hardly do better than this set.

I would also suggest looking into auctions in your area that do well with gun sales (of this sort of firearm) and that do not have ruinous sellers' premiums. "Guns International" is likely the best place to list this sort of rifle for an internet sale. There are also a number of dealers who would sell this on a reasonable commission basis. The last thing you want to do is sell it to a dealer.

That is a very beautiful setup. I wish I could swing it right now... You might consider taking it to Africa yourself, in your dad's honor. Drop a buffalo with it, then sell it afterward. What a cool story that would be! Best of luck with your sale, and I wish you the best! Sorry I can't afford it now or I'd have it myself :)
I appreciate that but my old man wouldn’t even let me touch the damn thing without white gloves on and over the bed in case it slipped . I just want to find it a good home.

I will join the others in offering sincerest condolences to you and your mother. You have settled on a fair price for that set, and unless you need to move it quickly, I would not accept anything lower. Unfortunately, the people who will actually buy it represent a very small shot group.

Here is obviously a good place to start. Someone wanting a "pair" of doubles for both a general purpose rifle and a dedicated dangerous game rifle could hardly do better than this set.

I would also suggest looking into auctions in your area that do well with gun sales (of this sort of firearm) and that do not have ruinous sellers' premiums. "Guns International" is likely the best place to list this sort of rifle for an internet sale. There are also a number of dealers who would sell this on a reasonable commission basis. The last thing you want to do is sell it to a dealer.
I truly appreciate the reassurance from all on the forum. I’ve just recently received an insulting offer from a dealer in TX. I won’t name names but I have the email from them offering 1/3 of what I’m asking. Fortunately I don’t have to sell it ASAP and can take time to find the right buyer. This is harder to sell than a Glock 19 for sure . My dad would be elated to see these posts to be honest. Thank you all.

Very nice set. I have one in 500/416. Just for everyone’s knowledge kreighoff is awesome and you can buy these knowing they will work. In addition, krieghoff will re-regulate the barrels for $250 plus the price of ammo. That is what they charged me maybe 6 years ago but still a bargain even if they raised the prices. Thus any ammo you want is easily done and done quickly. I reload and they would not shoot my ammo but I got hendershoot to work me up a load of swift a-frames and then matched the velocity. This, in my opinion, is the biggest drawback of buying a used double. Kreighoff makes it easy.

If I needed another one I would jump on this as a great double and for those that think they don’t need two barrels I would add that I would like a 470 instead of the 500/416 for elephant but would shoot this all day long at 375 and/or my 500/416. Good luck with the sale.

I truly appreciate the reassurance from all on the forum. I’ve just recently received an insulting offer from a dealer in TX. I won’t name names but I have the email from them offering 1/3 of what I’m asking. Fortunately I don’t have to sell it ASAP and can take time to find the right buyer. This is harder to sell than a Glock 19 for sure . My dad would be elated to see these posts to be honest. Thank you all.
GWS140, don’t let any Low Ball offers offend you - especially from Dealers because that’s what most of them do. Many people ”want” a Double Rifle but few will ever pay the price required. Also, the Double Rifle market is very small and harder to sell a Double vs. a standard & lower priced Bolt Action. But, this Forum is a good place to start & learn… Many on this forum are very knowledgable and will give you honest feedback. Even so, you’ll get “tire kickers” and tons of questions….its just the way it goes.

Don’t rule out a partial trade or several rifles and cash trade for your DR.

I’ve traded several lower priced rifles to get into a higher value rifle. Often adding more value in because I was asking for the trade.

You may be offered a rifle or two and cash. Keep a list to contact the potential buyers later. If after sitting on the rifle for a while that becomes the new best option.

Several lower priced rifles are easier to sell faster than one at a higher price.

IF the trade ins are desirable rifles and quick sellers themselves.

It's another beautiful example, the stock.
My sympathy for your loss. My closest relative is aware of "AH" should I pass for a starting point.

I wouldn't be offended nor surprised. Dealers need to make enough to cover costs as an item like this can likely take months to sell and carrying costs are 1-1.5% for many now. Mixed with paying tax on the profit and quite possibly having to love it to auction and pay fees themselves, it's expensive and a gamble to purchase quality arms.

There are quite a few higher end dealers that have the clientele to take less margin for quicker sales. William Larkin Moore comes to mind. They may be worth a call if you'd rather sell faster. Many more like them as well.

I appreciate that but my old man wouldn’t even let me touch the damn thing without white gloves on and over the bed in case it slipped . I just want to find it a good home.
I have a pair of J.A. Henckel's knives that are very nice. After my wife used the 6" one to cut up a chicken, in a ceramic crock pot (what is one of the few things harder than forged German steel.....ceramic....) and completely destroyed the edge, which I have not in fifteen years been able to find anyone that could sharpen it back like the factory....she is FORBIDDEN to touch my 12" knife! :)

I have a pair of J.A. Henckel's knives that are very nice. After my wife used the 6" one to cut up a chicken, in a ceramic crock pot (what is one of the few things harder than forged German steel.....ceramic....) and completely destroyed the edge, which I have not in fifteen years been able to find anyone that could sharpen it back like the factory....she is FORBIDDEN to touch my 12" knife! :)
Jim, Ceramic knives are razor sharp (when New) but two problems with Ceramic blades: 1). Brittle and break easily. 2). Once dull extremely hard to ever resharpen. Great for occasional use

Beautiful set up! Having patience is important since timing is everything. Good luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWayne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you