Jimmy John's C.E.O. a hunter?

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
stumbled across a facebook page saying "Boycott Jimmy John's...HE is an ANIMAL killer"

First off, does anyone know if this is true? I think that they are reffering to the C.E.O. ( I don't know his name....I just browsed the site, and in usual antihunting fashion, it was just a whirlwind of threats, brow beating, and nonsensical diatribe). One would think that someone who makes sandwiches out of MEAT wouldn't be too upset with hunting......Oh, and I wonder if they ever stop to think how many cows go into the burgers at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. Guess that little fact kinda escaped the moron who started the face book page!:rolleyes:

Secondly, if this IS true, I am lending my support to Jimmy John's!! I have eaten their sandwiches before, but I've always stopped at McDonalds for fast food due to convenience, but seeing as how JJ has more chains opening in my area, I will support the business of a fellow hunter. My daughter likes their sandwiches, and I don't think their not too bad, either.....

Some research is most likely needed but there was a story about Jimmy John on a Rhino hunt that wound not being to Kosher

I could not find anything about a rhino hunt "not being kosher". I did find this:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ohn-s-bars-employees-from-working-5824918.php

For the record, it says Joe Arpiao has "been accused" of all that crap (how can one be accused of "unlawful enforcement of immigration laws":confused:...esp. when we have such wonderful "safe havens" such as San Francisco, that harbor murderers to be let loose on it's own unsuspecting populace (but that's another thread). I don't see how anyone can complain of "illegal campaign contributions" when the Democrats in Chicago have been doing for years and have evolved it into an art form!:mad:

http://m.snopes.com/jimmy-john-liautaud-hunting-photos/

Again, the charge has come up: Hunting endangered animals.....which we all know is a crock; even Nation Geographic has used it in reference to trophy hunting. Maybe there are some slander suits here? Why would anyone kill an "endangered" animal and put a photo of it anywhere? Kinda like calling someone a "child molester" to hurt their business, even when there is no evidence. Maybe there should be some law suits against PETA and their ilk for slander......after all, they have no problem using the legal system to their advantage; why can't we use it to ours?

If it does come out that there was illegal hunting activity, I will withdraw my support, but otherwise, IMHO, it's just "sour grapes" by a bunch of left wing Nazis!!!

All I could find was a couple of pics of him with a dead leopard, a couple of ellys and a bear. I guess that's enough to piss some people off.

Uh oh I found the picture of JJ with a rhino, that's what must have started the sh#t storm.

I thought I read about the Rhino hunt here on AH,,Oct 26 2014

Last edited:
I'd pay good money just to hear one of these big time executive hunters respond "Your damned right I went on a big five hunt. And I'm going again next month!"

I just found out that there is a Jimmy John's on the other side of town, I might have to drive over there this weekend to check it out.

I'd pay good money just to hear one of these big time executive hunters respond "Your damned right I went on a big five hunt. And I'm going again next month!"

There you go ... I have the down payment on my first big five hunt! Now to find an outfitter :)!

His was the hunt with Thormahlen & Cochran for a Black Rhino in Namibia where the group was charged by a female and Johns shot it. My understanding is that the situation was fully investigated and all parties concerned found Not Guilty of any wrongdoing. An unfortunate accident but they don't classify them as "Dangerous Game" for nothing.

Totally unrelated but in '87 while stalking buffalo in the Zambezi Valley we were unexpectedly charged by a rhino cow, I took refuge in a scrubby tree. We all scattered like a covey of quail and she finally retreated. Quite the experience!

And he could anytime he wanted in his own private jet, I believe he has done it a number of times before.

What the heck is Jimmy Johns?!?!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ya know! Freaky fast delivery! :A Outta:

Neva hoyd of it.

Kinda like Subway sandwiches except they deliver.

I don't think they have those on the wet side of the Cascades, never seen one.

Probably not Ses, but at the rate they are building them you may not have to wait long! A few new ones going in around here right now...
I guess business must be good despite the efforts from the anti's against the CEO which actually started several years back.

Originated only 50 miles from my location in a small college community. A real success story for capitalism.

What the heck is Jimmy Johns?!?!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Basically, it's a sandwich shop chain......similar to subway, but they will deliver (as Idaram previously stated)....their claim to fame is that they deliver quickly.

I think that they started out mostly in towns/cities with colleges/universities.....most likely because of the pool of "cheap labor" and to get the "fast delivery" thing to catch on with the general public. When I went to college, we didn't get an evening meal on Sundays, so everyone ordered pizza......sometimes it would take up to 2 hours to get delivery!

So when I was in college, I would order jimmy johns about the time I wanted to leave a party. They would be there in 5 to 15 minutes and since I lived next to the jimmy johns, I would pay the driver 5 or 10 extra dollars to take me home....and when I got home I had a delicious sandwich, that was a win win!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross