Introducing....The New 270 WLFUM (WINCHESTER LONG FAT ULTRA MAGNUM)

shoot Im in...ill take two!
Sadly, we had to discontinue production of these fine weapons. We were informed by the South African government that they will no longer allow these to be imported into the country, as even in it's short tenure in the game fields, some of the PG animals were nearing extinction simply from the muzzle blast.

I'm not surprised.

1646875459144.png

ain't for the fainted hearted.

Besides, that first picture you shared of the round reminds me of Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers film.

Check out this new caliber I'm developing for Winchester. The 270 WLFUM will fire a 130 grain WW Power Point at 5000 FPS! It will be the longest range deer/elk/PG rifle ever produced! The Cartridge will be housed in the new M70 Long Fat Ultra Mag Action, and will be sure to spawn a plethora of knock off calibers, such as the 404 WLFUM and many other traditional calibers of the future. But of course, with a muzzle energy of 7216 foot pounds, the 270 WLFUM will already handle any game alive, so there won't be much need for additional calibers. And the Power Point projectile has already been proving itself in the field for decades!
So pre-order yours today!

View attachment 373380
Is brass & dies avail yet?.

I remember a humorous "spoof" article in one the gun mags back in the late 60s or early 70s--back when gun writers were often poking fun at gun writing. The article was about a 50 caliber BMG case necked down to take an RCA phonograph needle. Barrel life was pretty short, but the terminal ballistics were impressive. Bears simply turned into a red mist and a snarl. The article came out in the same mag that featured the writer dressed up as The Lone Ranger, complete with mask, testing the efficacy of silver bullets. (Spoiler; they didn't work very well.) Anybody remember the mag? I'd love to have some back copies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shelli44Y

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.