Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunters/ SAHGCA/
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Good day fellow AH members. I trust everyone at DSC is having fun so far.

I have some splendid news regarding Into The Thorns, by renowned leopard hunter Wayne Grant. As most of you know, the book is considered to be the ultimate authority on leopard hunting.

I spoke with Wayne last night, and he informed me that one of his agents, after receiving numerous requests over the years for his remarkable 2008 book, Into the Thorns, convinced him to do a second edition.

Having received plenty requests on the forum to source a second hand copy in South Africa at any price, I recon this is wonderful news indeed.

According to Wayne the second edition is limited to 1000 signed copies only, and that these copies can be solely purchased from Good Books in the Woods in Houston. I understand that the new addition has some added information and chapters. Unfortunately I can not shed any light on the price of the book, but if you make contact with Good Books in the Woods, they will certainly be able to give much more info on this second edition and it’s price. What I can say for sure is that the new second edition will retail for much cheaper than I have seen some members on this forum pay for the odd first edition that comes up for sale.

Kind regards,

Dewald

537b230e-4291-494a-9dad-737878d7f6b2.JPG

c79ce362-305b-4a64-a816-38366d5ade5d.JPG

Interesting. This bookstore is just a few steps from my wife's office. Maybe this is a good omen for getting a copy myself.

Just called and reserved my copy. Gentleman said they sent the order off Friday for printing.

Just called and reserved a copy. Going to printers, then SA and then to the store. Some copies left according to Jay.

Thanks for this! Also called and reserved a copy
i sold mine for what i paid but now miss it. i called and reserved my copy. I paid $300 for mine…the new on signed by Wayne is only $150

i sold mine for what i paid but now miss it. i called and reserved my copy. I paid $300 for mine…the new on signed by Wayne is only $150

Bargain at that price

Wife walked over just now and reserved a copy. Person helping her said they are getting calls non-stop and one came in while my wife was there. So, if you are interested in a copy, it may be a good idea to go ahead and reserve it.

I just finished speaking with Jay at Good Books. He is taking orders for signed copies for $150.00 each. He is expecting the books in his store in about 3-4 months signed.
His phone number is 949-709-0666. He is not taking a deposit but will notify you once he has received the books and ready to ship.
I have spoken to him before and is a very nice man.

I just called Good Books in the Woods today and reserved 2 copies. They say the books should be in by Late March to early April. Thanks @Dewald for letting us know about this great opportunity to get one the the classic African books on leopard hunting.

Copy reserved.

I talked to Jay at the book store, fantastic guy. He said there is still some unreserved left at $150 each.

I spoke to Jay at Good Books in The Woods in Texas. The new edition for Into The Thorns is going to print very soon. Jay thinks the books should be at his store by late March early April. If you would like a copy of this great book you can reach out to Jay at the store and reserve a copy. Don't wait.....he said demand has been brisk, above his expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanna9950

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.