Interest in doing a shoot in NW USA?

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
As the title says, I'm looking to meet up with some fellow AH members and do some target shooting. Anyone interested?

Sure Matt come on over to Michigan. Or we could build a heat map showing the where the majority of shooters are concentrated

Last edited:
Sure Matt come on over to Michigan. Or we could build a heat map showing the where the majority of shooters are concentrated
You cover the plane ticket and lodging, and I'd be happy to join you for some shooting :). Otherwise I need somewhere within a days drive, money has been pretty tight lately. Heck if I can find a way to strap my 8-bore onto the motorcycle, then that is how I plan to get to this shoot.

Did you have a range or general location in mind? I’m a pretty serious introvert, but I typically have the energy to talk to other hunters…

I live near Seattle, so not a lot of great range options up this way. A get together sometime sound like a nice idea though.

@channelkat if we want to shoot in WA, we can shoot near my home in Oso. This would depend on how many people come of course. I also know some places further down HWY 530.

As the title says, I'm looking to meet up with some fellow AH members and do some target shooting. Anyone interested?
I live in Western Washington. What did you have in mind?

I live in Western Washington. What did you have in mind?
If we shoot in WA, see the post above yours. Otherwise it will depend on others. Time frame will depend on what works best for most.

If we shoot in WA, see the post above yours. Otherwise it will depend on others. Time frame will depend on what works best for most.
A gathering of hunters and shooting hunting rifles. Sounds like fun to me! I'll.be watching.

I'm thinking July or August but I'm open to other ideas.

I'm thinking July or August but I'm open to other ideas.
When I lived in Sequim I shot at Kitsap Rifle Club. Nice ranges.

I live out in the woods, I haven't been to a range in years.

We could go to the Everett Sportsman. It's a nice little range under the hwy 2 bridge.

Isn’t the big bore shoot in Western Montana still a thing. That would be a days ride Matt

We could go to the Everett Sportsman. It's a nice little range under the hwy 2 bridge.
I had a friend that (moved away) always spoke highly of that range. Never been there myself. What is the yardage there? I am a member at Kenmore, but 300 yard max and (understandably) very safety conscious. Think 375 h&h is about the upper limit.

I had a friend that (moved away) always spoke highly of that range. Never been there myself. What is the yardage there? I am a member at Kenmore, but 300 yard max and (understandably) very safety conscious. Think 375 h&h is about the upper limit.

I think the max range at the Everett Sportsman is 100 yards. Kenmore doesn't work, because they don't allow people to shoot off sticks (least that's what they told me when I called).

Looks like fun! I'll try to contact them, thank you.

Your right about Kenmore not being a good spot for this meet up, but in case anyone is interested, you can sort of use sticks on the member side. Shots are limited to 100 yards if you stand on the platform or you can position yourself in between the built in benchrest for a very unnaturally longer range shot (I think 300).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrenMays0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.