Interarms Whitworth 375 H&H

Quite a few Whitworth lovers on this forum
fullsizeoutput_235.jpeg

375er and cash_tx, I appreciate your response. Are both of you maybe using the Zastava HH 375 or different Make Rifles?

Wow! Rob404. That is a very nice Unit you have there. On my viewing at various Gun Shops around here, the new Zastava 375s need some attention to get them as pretty as the one's shown here. But I am looking forward in modeling it to be a "looker". Our local Gun Smiths already said the Zastava is a good platform to start from on improving and to become a fine rifle when worked on.

375er and cash_tx, I appreciate your response. Are both of you maybe using the Zastava HH 375 or different Make Rifles?

I don't have a zavasta. Currently shooting a Browning but the cartridge itself is capable of fine accuracy.

Ive got the exact same rifle as yours ( check my username) it was my dads favourite large rifle. Has shot 2 moose, 1 caribou, 1 black bear, 1 whitetail, 1 elk and 1 raccoon just for good measure! With 300gr federal powershoks it groups plenty accurate for me. Never had an issue with operation what so ever, love that rifle!
Attached is a picture of myself (left) with my guide and the elk i shot with it 09/24 of this year.
View attachment 568645
Is your guide also your twin? He looks like the same person but with a thicker mustache.

Nice rifle OP. Good luck with your sale.

Wow! Rob404. That is a very nice Unit you have there. On my viewing at various Gun Shops around here, the new Zastava 375s need some attention to get them as pretty as the one's shown here. But I am looking forward in modeling it to be a "looker". Our local Gun Smiths already said the Zastava is a good platform to start from on improving and to become a fine rifle when worked on.
I agree it seems they put some kind of a stain on them at the factory but with a little work you can get them to look pretty nice.
fullsizeoutput_c08.jpeg

Hunters greetings to you All
As previously planned, I did buy the Zastava .375HH for $1003.49 (R18800.00 in South African money) the past Monday 29/11/23. Currently it stays at the Dealer as we must obtain a gun license which takes +/- three months. I took these photos with my cell phone at the Dealer and being on the short side myself please bear with me on the quality of the photos. But as planned here is DG Rifle platform. Seeing forward in getting it home for to being worked on. I did cycled the new bolt action and found it being actually acceptable motion. I didn't equipped it yet with optics and accessories as it will takes time for the gun license.

20231127_080721.jpg
20231127_080809.jpg
20231127_080819.jpg
20231127_080732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

I’ve seen Whitworth rifles with soldered on sights which I’ve been told are the early ones and they changed them to screw- down models later to keep production costs down a bit.
Any truth to this? Is that preferable to a “collector”?

Thank you All for Likes and Comments. I don't know why/how, but the photos turned out to become large. These large photos wasn't the idea. How do I fix this? Could you please inform me of the size/type of picatinny rail this rifle takes/fits?

I have noticed the Whitworth rifles had a barrel band for rifle sling. This rifle comes with rifle sling swivel on the fore end

I have noticed the Whitworth rifles had a barrel band for rifle sling. This rifle comes with rifle sling swivel on the fore end
I believe their Safari models have the barrel band and ebony forend tip on the stock? Here’s my .375 Whitworth. Haven’t scoped it yet but it shoots great out to 50 meters using the express sights.

IMG_0313.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love the .375 Whitworth rifles, the .458s are calling me even more.
There’s one on GunBroker right now ending at under $1K
Is there a better DGR deal out there?

As much as I love the .375 Whitworth rifles, the .458s are calling me even more.
There’s one on GunBroker right now ending at under $1K
Is there a better DGR deal out there?
I have a .458 Whitworth. If it is stocked in the true Whitworth pattern (English Express Rifle, no Monte Carlo and the English cheekpiece), buy it. Mine handles and fits perfectly. Feeds perfectly, 1982 vintage.

I have a .458 Whitworth. If it is stocked in the true Whitworth pattern (English Express Rifle, no Monte Carlo and the English cheekpiece), buy it. Mine handles and fits perfectly. Feeds perfectly, 1982 vintage.
I don't "need" another rifle, but I am on the lookout for a .375 H&H Whitworth, just like my first "big bore" (medium bore) that was my first big gun.
These rifles just "fit" me.

To the Original Poster, good luck with your new .375 H&H Zastava. They are good rifles. A good gunsmith can tune it up easily.

I handled a Zastava new production version, 9.3x62, my gunsmith cleaned up for a customer. Action slicked up; wood finished with tung oil.

A proper rifle.

It would be a great bolt gun but I’ll let this one pass.
It would be a great bolt gun but I‘ll let this one go.
I’m just attracted to these rifles for some reason and I’ve owned an original 425WR and other classic British rifles.
I guess it’s a matter of recognizing value and wanting a piece of the action - whether I really need it or not!! LOL!

Hunters greetings to you All
As previously planned, I did buy the Zastava .375HH for $1003.49 (R18800.00 in South African money) the past Monday 29/11/23. Currently it stays at the Dealer as we must obtain a gun license which takes +/- three months. I took these photos with my cell phone at the Dealer and being on the short side myself please bear with me on the quality of the photos. But as planned here is DG Rifle platform. Seeing forward in getting it home for to being worked on. I did cycled the new bolt action and found it being actually acceptable motion. I didn't equipped it yet with optics and accessories as it will takes time for the gun license.

View attachment 571732View attachment 571733View attachment 571734View attachment 571735
I have that same model in a .270 Win. One of the better shooting .270's I have had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlejandroM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.