In memoriam - Zimbabwe Professional Hunter killed by enraged buffalo

Wow...sad and tragic. Now I'm concerned about my friends in Zim!

prayers!

Very sad. Condolences to family and friends.

RIP.....
Such a loss that didn't need to happen except for the poacher. Prayers for the family.......
Bruce

A reasonable period of time has passed

Mr. Digby Bristow

May God/Allah grant him peace in the afterlife. I can't imagine what his poor family must be going through. To lose a loved one (probably one of the main bread earners of the family) on Christmas time... of all times.

The poacher is the real culprit here. Not the unfortunate white hunter or the poor animal. That criminal should be strapped to a baobab tree trunk and thrown straight into the river, alive.

Very sad news, RIP.

I believe family was there when it happened and when he passed away 15 min later. At least he was with people he loved when he passed.

I believe family was there when it happened and when he passed away 15 min later. At least he was with people he loved when he passed.
That's so tragic, but yes, at least he was with family.
That POS poacher will answer for this when he meets his Maker.

Prayers for his family and loved ones.

Va avec Dieu, Chasseur!

Very sad news, condolences to the family

Very tragic, I will be praying for the family, and for Zimbabwe to become a place where poaching is something only found in history books.

Very tragic news, so sorry for the family. Will keep them in my prayers, may he rest in peace.

Digby-Brisow1.jpg

His wife Vannesa Bristow narrated events leading to her husband's death.

“We arrived at 18:30 hours and he went straight to where the buffalo was but it charged at him. He tried to shoot it, but missed and it took him down,” she said.

"It happened so fast we were 30 metres from him and the injured animal pinned him down and kept pounding him. He tried to crawl out of its grip but a lot of damage had been done. He succumbed to the injuries some minutes later when we took him to safety.”

Our condolences to his family and friends...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNek

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg