I just joined the BRNO ZKK 602 Owners Club

Agreed, there is nothing "normal" about pulling back on a safety for fire position. I remember shooting some old 22s a long time ago that were set up that way. Never got used to it. Pulling back a hammer to cock and fire is intuitive. Pulling back a safety to fire is not :)

Changing out the trigger is pretty straight forward. It becomes a fairly simple, single stage design with limited adjustment based on fit and sear. But, for hunting it's better than the set trigger system, IMO. I have never figured out the reasoning/theory behind the 602 trigger system with the trigger and trigger plate attached to the stock with the sear attached to the action??? That design prevents the use of any conventional trigger adjustment because of the separation and inevitable unstable movement between the stock and the action. Who knows?

If converting to a Win 70 style safety as supplied by AHR, make sure your gunsmith is familiar with how to make that conversion. It's not as simple as it first appears. good luck

Last edited:
Hi @Sideshow. That trigger is the standard Brno trigger. Totally agree its a better option for hunting big game. At one stage the ZKK rifles came with both trigger types. One fitted to the rifle and one in a green/tan bag together with the adjustment tool.

1715035827481.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarioWinsl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?