Hunting Blackbuck in Argentina!!!

Thank you for sharing Rocket. Here's a little of how we do it in Texas...
1062770_676958528985348_1742573575_n.jpg
1174316_707441629270371_569831257_n.jpg
10351899_878568672157665_4429726901707094403_n.jpg
10477590_879039142110618_1174765537_n.jpg
10353623_881739901840542_6919722539737776393_n.jpg

It's on the dream list!

Enysse......not hard to make it true and let me tell you......a blackbuck shoulder mount in a wall looks just Great......!!!!!

Heeyyy Jeff you allready make my night (22:30 here) .......so glad you share this pics here in this thread......I relly like to see hunting pics.........let me tell you have very good trophys in those pictures.........

The Blackbuck has a gorgeous spread and looks to be a 50/52 centimeter.....

First axis deer real long and massive body my friend......looks to be a 88 centimeters........very good trophy.......

What caliber is the revolver you took de hog....???.....460....500....????
real nice......!!!!!

last axis is beatiful.......that is the perfect shape that everydody is looking for in a axis deer rack......hard to tell about the curve but looks a 85/90 centimeters wich is marveles in your two deers.....!!!!

Is the sheep a Audad I m not sure......is a very good looking trophy but not to familiar to me......!!!!!!

Thank you again to share this Jeff.........I realy enjoy it.......all are invited to share pics in my threads buddyes......!!!!!!

I hear you even have Bongo in Texas this days :confused::confused:... for me its a bit weird to shoot a animal and put it on the wall if its taken under fence in a totally wrong part of the world and when its not in its natural habitat. I know a client that took a Tiger in RSA two years ago.. funny world we living in.

Thanks for the kind comments Rocket, I really don't know the measurements on these critters, as I don't pay as much attention to that as I used to. I can tell you that these are the first of my kills of these species and I will be after better ones in the future as I have seen some much larger!

The revolver is a S&W 460 Magnum XVR with 12" fluted barrel out of their Performance Shop. I'm shooting Buffalo Bore's 360 grain hard cast and it's a beast of a load, deadly out to 200 yards if you can shoot it. I spined the boar with it & finished him with the 10mm Glock pushing a 220 grain Buffalo Bore hard cast out of the 6" Lone Wolf barrel.

That is my first Aoudad taken on a friends place near Junction, Texas. He's only about a 28 incher but has 13" bases. My outfitter pal out there has access to some tremendous rugged west Texas Aoudad and takes 33-36 inch rams regularly. I'll go with him next.

I live in Mississippi, work in Africa and hunt everywhere. I'd love to partake in a multi species hunt in your neck of the woods Rocket, and you are certainly welcome to join us in the states anytime!

I hear you even have Bongo in Texas this days :confused::confused:... for me its a bit weird to shoot a animal and put it on the wall if its taken under fence in a totally wrong part of the world and when its not in its natural habitat. I know a client that took a Tiger in RSA two years ago.. funny world we living in.

I guess that you are a purist Gordon, I mean old school.....me to, I am agree with you on some things and no others so......we can not deny that the world has changed and hunting world as well and hunting bussines with them, you know that........I wouldn´t like to hunt a bongo in high fence but maybe other person yes, you can be agree or not......in the god´s supermarket there are everything for everyone.

Good too exchange points of views with you always.

Thanks for the kind comments Rocket, I really don't know the measurements on these critters, as I don't pay as much attention to that as I used to. I can tell you that these are the first of my kills of these species and I will be after better ones in the future as I have seen some much larger!

The revolver is a S&W 460 Magnum XVR with 12" fluted barrel out of their Performance Shop. I'm shooting Buffalo Bore's 360 grain hard cast and it's a beast of a load, deadly out to 200 yards if you can shoot it. I spined the boar with it & finished him with the 10mm Glock pushing a 220 grain Buffalo Bore hard cast out of the 6" Lone Wolf barrel.

That is my first Aoudad taken on a friends place near Junction, Texas. He's only about a 28 incher but has 13" bases. My outfitter pal out there has access to some tremendous rugged west Texas Aoudad and takes 33-36 inch rams regularly. I'll go with him next.

I live in Mississippi, work in Africa and hunt everywhere. I'd love to partake in a multi species hunt in your neck of the woods Rocket, and you are certainly welcome to join us in the states anytime!

Thank you Jeff for your invitation and I hope can hunt together some day......about the revolver I supposed was a 460, is a great gun.....I had the chance to try one but diferent model.....Steve Scott´s gun and was a very good experiencie.....!!!!

You are lucky to have the chance to hunt everywhere.....keep doing it my friend......!!!!!!!!

The 460 S&W I told you........

DSC00049.JPG

Big Gun......!!!!!

See you Jeff.....!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocket I went to Cordona at Rincon de Luna and took a nice Black Buck 3 years ago, it was a excellent hunt and very hilly terrain so even if it was 5000 ha fenced estate it was a bit challenging. I stalk after a nice buck 68 cm for 6 hours and finally took him with the guide's 270 win on 380 meters. So, do not misunderstand my point here, I think its great that its possible to hunt this fine antelope in Argentina because its natural habitat like India is closed for all hunting, and Pakistan its a bit dangerous this days.

Rocket I went to Cordona at Rincon de Luna and took a nice Black Buck 3 years ago, it was a excellent hunt and very hilly terrain so even if it was 5000 ha fenced estate it was a bit challenging. I stalk after a nice buck 68 cm for 6 hours and finally took him with the guide's 270 win on 380 meters. So, do not misunderstand my point here, I think its great that its possible to hunt this fine antelope in Argentina because its natural habitat like India is closed for all hunting, and Pakistan its a bit dangerous this days.

Oohh that make me very glad.....is a honor to me you were hunting in the Province where I live at Rincon de Luna....they are good people and do very well......I see your point, I understand what you mean now and I am completely agree at that point.......!!!!!

Thank you very much for this comment Gordon.....!!!!!

This is the Blackbock from Cordoba. Cheers Gordon
blackbock rincon.JPG

This is the Blackbock from Cordoba. Cheers Gordon
View attachment 29646

Four curls, long and a dark black cape.....difficult to get a better trophy......thanks for share this photo here and help to make a enjoyable thread....!!!!

Well done.....!!!!!!

Thank you Rocket, its my pleasure.

Rocket, I'm really familiar with your company from my SCI days. A friend of mine hunted there way back just before they shut puma hunting down. He said it was a awesome hunt. I would like to go down some day hunt for blackbuck at least!!

Rocket, I'm really familiar with your company from my SCI days. A friend of mine hunted there way back just before they shut puma hunting down. He said it was a awesome hunt. I would like to go down some day hunt for blackbuck at least!!

Thats right Enysse......we work alot with the differents SCI chapters all over USA and other many countrys......glad your friend got a puma finally.

Whenever you want Enysse......we gonna be here......!!!!!!

Some very nice trophies shown on this thread! Rocket if you make it to hunt the USA then come by. We have more pronghorn antelope than people in Wyoming. I'm sure we could find one for you. Bruce

Rocket,

You have some great trophies. Thanks for sharing the photos and starting the thread. Argentina is on my list one day. Was your hunt with Steve Scott filmed for television? If so I hope to see it.

Jeff / Gordon,

You too have great trophies. Thanks for the photos.

Some very nice trophies shown on this thread! Rocket if you make it to hunt the USA then come by. We have more pronghorn antelope than people in Wyoming. I'm sure we could find one for you. Bruce

Thank you soo much Bruce for the invitation I will remember that and I gonna let you know.....Pronghorn is very emblematic antelope from the States and impresive trophy I wish to have some day......!!!!!!

Rocket,

You have some great trophies. Thanks for sharing the photos and starting the thread. Argentina is on my list one day. Was your hunt with Steve Scott filmed for television? If so I hope to see it.

Jeff / Gordon,

You too have great trophies. Thanks for the photos.

Thank you very much Weels.....I am glad you like the Blackbucks into the thread......is a very good thing when people starts to share photos in a thread......!!!!!!

Steve Scott was hunting with as for a week in 2013 for a Red Stag......and He was filming, the day of that picture, we were trying for a water buffalo but it was not succesfull......he got a couple of nice stag that week.......I never knew if the film was for the program......he is a very correct and kind man.....was very good to know him.....!!!!!

Last edited:
Blackbuck is one of my dream trophy animal!!!!

Nice nice pic's Rocket!!! enhorabuena!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IonaLannin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!