HOW MANY INCHES? 3 DIFFERENT KUDU...

HOW MANY INCHES FROM LEFT TO RIGHT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This being my first forum and posts,i'm not sure what happens once the poll ends?!! lol... but i'll post the results thereafter...

Here's a simple question... How big do you feel should your first ever kudu be?
or should it just be a representable trophy? or does inches matter??

Thanks Jerome, looking at the poll it seems most members agree on the the 55,55,49 option, BUT are they correct or completely wrong???

Only time will tell.....

Let's get a few more votes in before you reveal the answer!

There is one kudu in your trophy gallery, the one with a big dog in the picture, that kudu is a giant!

This being my first forum and posts,i'm not sure what happens once the poll ends?!! lol... but i'll post the results thereafter...

Here's a simple question... How big do you feel should your first ever kudu be?
or should it just be a representable trophy? or does inches matter??

For my dad and I we where just looking for good representative animals. Didnt have to have a monster. My dads kudu was 47" if I remember correctly? He also got it for a dicounted price because the land owner needed to get rid of some old bulls. We felt it was a great representative trophy.

For my dad and I we where just looking for good representative animals. Didnt have to have a monster. My dads kudu was 47" if I remember correctly? He also got it for a dicounted price because the land owner needed to get rid of some old bulls. We felt it was a great representative trophy.

47" kudu is just as beautifull as any other, i've had safaris where clients shoot 50+ inch kudu and then one of the hunters came in with a 48" wide spread beauty...His friends not having measuered their kudu ended up being envious of his smaller kudu...

Any size Kudu is a trophy, for the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. 47" is a great Kudu if from the East Cape.

This was a great survey for all here at AH. Bring on some more.

Congratulations to everybody that voted for 55...55...49...
Its interesting to see that even thought the second bull looks much taller, he still meausured the same as the left bull... Thanks to some deep curls bending inwards the first bull racked up plenty of inches and resulted in them both reaching 55 inches...

The smaller bull of 49" was a package kudu... which shows paying for full prices allows your ph more freedom to select bigger bulls... most outfitters want to finish the package you bought for so cheaply because they onlu make money once you start shooting extra animals at full price...

Thanks for voting...

lol Brickburn, I tell you what... you come visit me on our private farm overlooking the crocodile river and we can discuss this "free kudu" issue, around a warm winters campfire, testing some local wines, talking about the big ones that got away(although i must admit not too many big ones get away from me! :cool: ) and just longing back to the days where there were only black powder,horses and endless unexplored hunting terrain...

Zack, Judging from those sets i can attest that not many big ones got away!
Next visit, I'll drop by and discuss Kudu.

There is one kudu in your trophy gallery, the one with a big dog in the picture, that kudu is a giant!

View attachment 10959

That is a dream Kudu! WOW.

Never mind that, Oom Piet's gager at 74.5. That is insane.

image_41.jpg

Attachments

• scan0004.jpeg
    scan0004.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 148
Thanks for the comp Zack...good fun & highlights the difficulty PH's must face at times with trophy selection.
As others have implied, any kudu is generally a thing of real beauty......a "representative" should satisfy any first timer & anything above that is a real bonus ....& a little humbling I think.
Cheers.

Thanks for the contest! Kudu hunting to me is probably the best hunt on the planet for the dollar.

Was way off but thanks for setting up this contest Zack!

I knew there was no way that one on the right was over 50, would have thought even smaller than 49". I got this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Rosenth

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you