Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member of,,Caribou Hunt Club, Stock and Barrel Pistol Range
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
How many of us like to go to Gun Swaps or check out the used gun racks at the local Gunshops or check out Gunbroker on line. As for myself I check out Cabelas used gun racks or The nationwide online Gun Library. In the past I made some purchases for donor rifles for Barrel swaps but I wonder how many of us just can't pass up what we think is a deal or buy something strictly on Impulse.

Did I hear impulse buy? I could probably be considered a hoarder, only not of trash but gun or gun related items. I can't stand to walk by a good deal weather I need it or not. Woke up one morning and realized I didnt have a 300 H&H, got on my phone ordered brass off gunbroker, more brass and dies from midway and had acquired a pre 64 and a custom chambered MRC by the end of the week. Then a Ruger No.1 kudu from a friend and member on here shortly there after. My buddy told me the other day "all those good deals will break ya". I can see some wisdom in those words. Between this forum and gunbroker I can wear an iPhone out!
Cheers,
Cody

How many of us like to go to Gun Swaps or check out the used gun racks at the local Gunshops or check out Gunbroker on line. As for myself I check out Cabelas used gun racks or The nationwide online Gun Library. In the past I made some purchases for donor rifles for Barrel swaps but I wonder how many of us just can't pass up what we think is a deal or buy something strictly on Impulse.
Guilty:oops:

I can confirm that Bullthrower is a gun hoarder and I am pretty sure that ActionBob is !!! And Me? Only on a small scale!!!
Actually, I need every one....

I often think that I would have been better to take up a recreational cocain habit and dirt track racing than this gun accumulator gig, prolly been cheaper! Then @ActionBob and @IdaRam got me into this RSM and Express rifle thing! Lol. Thanks for that guys, I never would have known that I was missing out on such a great American rifle if not for your nudging me along into them.

I'm more of a Hot Deal guy but I will admit to owning some Firearms that I had to have, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones are which:)

I'm more of a Hot Deal guy but I will admit to owning some Firearms that I had to have, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones are which:)
Same for Bullthrower!!! He finds new guns laying around the house all of the time and can't figure out where they came from!!!

I often think that I would have been better to take up a recreational cocain habit and dirt track racing than this gun accumulator gig, prolly been cheaper! Then @ActionBob and @IdaRam got me into this RSM and Express rifle thing! Lol. Thanks for that guys, I never would have known that I was missing out on such a great American rifle if not for your nudging me along into them.
Best rifles you can buy for the money spent!

I've justified a great many impulse buys with the simple phrase: "But honey, it was such a great deal!"

I've also spent a great many nights in the dog house due to the same.

I'm not sure which category this would fall into, hot buy or impulse, but any time you walk into the house and tell your wife that you bought a bridge in Kansas they lose their mind, especially if you live in New Mexico. I was up in Kansas deer hunting and my buddy and I walked across a county road bridge between his farm ground and I noticed a name plate on the bridge that said Montgomery Ward and sons. I casually mentioned to him how cool that bridge would be crossing the creek on my property in Montana. 6 months later he called me and asked if I wanted to buy that bridge as the county was replacing it with a wider bridge. Well hell yeah, who wouldn't buy a bridge in Kansas to ship to Montana? The answer to that is my ex wife! She is still in New Mexico, the bridge is still in Kansas disassembled and ready to ship and I still get wet crossing the creek in Montana, but I own a damn Montgomery Ward mail order bridge! One day I will have the time to erect it and it is going to be really cool and the only Montgomery Ward Bridge in the state of Montana.

I'm not sure which category this would fall into, hot buy or impulse, but any time you walk into the house and tell your wife that you bought a bridge in Kansas they lose their mind, especially if you live in New Mexico. I was up in Kansas deer hunting and my buddy and I walked across a county road bridge between his farm ground and I noticed a name plate on the bridge that said Montgomery Ward and sons. I casually mentioned to him how cool that bridge would be crossing the creek on my property in Montana. 6 months later he called me and asked if I wanted to buy that bridge as the county was replacing it with a wider bridge. Well hell yeah, who wouldn't buy a bridge in Kansas to ship to Montana? The answer to that is my ex wife! She is still in New Mexico, the bridge is still in Kansas disassembled and ready to ship and I still get wet crossing the creek in Montana, but I own a damn Montgomery Ward mail order bridge! One day I will have the time to erect it and it is going to be really cool and the only Montgomery Ward Bridge in the state of Montana.

@Bullthrower338 that is hilarious and way too cool!
If you didn't already have a lifetime validation on your man card, ya know with the guns and all, that bridge story would certainly do the trick (y)
Now if you could just figure out how to get J Lo to pose for a pic on that bridge naked in heels...

@Bullthrower338 that is hilarious and way too cool!
If you didn't already have a lifetime validation on your man card, ya know with the guns and all, that bridge story would certainly do the trick (y)
Now if you could just figure out how to get J Lo to pose for a pic on that bridge naked in heels...
Working on it Dan! Well it might not be J Lo, might be the drunk girl from Chicks Bar in Alder, MT. And prolly won't be in heels, more likely snow pacs but it will definately be something that you could never unsee! Lol

I can confirm that Bullthrower is a gun hoarder and I am pretty sure that ActionBob is !!! And Me? Only on a small scale!!!

I am almost there on the hoarder charge! The bad thing is I have more rifles than I will ever use and I have way too much ammo. I didn't need any 416 or 458 ammo but when one of our AH members posted that he had some ....well I bought it! I have come very close twice to buying guns from fellow AH members and they don't know how close. And those would have been impulse.

My daily mantra is, I don't need a 300 H&H magnum, I don't need a 300 H&H magnum ...

I am almost there on the hoarder charge! The bad thing is I have more rifles than I will ever use and I have way too much ammo. I didn't need any 416 or 458 ammo but when one of our AH members posted that he had some ....well I bought it! I have come very close twice to buying guns from fellow AH members and they don't know how close. And those would have been impulse.
Just completed the sale of the 1h Rigby. After I return from S.A. and get settled in I will post my M70 .458 Win Mag for sale. Bought 4 years ago, son and I shot 1 box through it. It is way too light for that caliber. I will never shoot it again. It's a 1964 model Super Grade and like new, but is a push feed, so probably will be posting starting around $900 and see what happens...... Should have posted it months ago!

My daily mantra is, I don't need a 300 H&H magnum, I don't need a 300 H&H magnum ...

Me too! But I want one!!!

Been there - done the .300 H&H thing - but now there are soooooo many more...........
Custom guns and oddball stuff have to be the worst - they just seem to call out your name at those gun shows

I just grabbed a hot deal the other day, I was checking the Gun Library at my local Cabelas when I came across a New/used Zastava in 7-08 for 399.99, not a bad deal but then I saw a 10% discount on all used guns,Hmm thats 360.00 so WTF I took a ride. Zastava's are decent working mans guns but need a little Love to make them work good. so I look at the rifle, I almost got a sliver in my hand because the stock was so rough and the trigger was impossible right out of the box but the barrel and action are really nice so I ask the sales guy for a Geezer discount and he offers me the gun for 299.99, how can you pass on a Rifle in a nice caliber for 300.00.
I now have the rifle pulled apart and adjusted the trigger down to about 4#, took that nasty finish off and I'm in the process of bedding the stock. I already have a scope and rings just waiting for bases and this Cheapo will be range ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandadelhiaerocity

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.