Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
I was wondering if anyone has tried hogden hybrid 100v in a 375 Rum, 416 Rigby or Wby. It seems looking at the burn rate charts that it would be quite suitable for these cals.

I guess that it isn't cost efficient, because of low volume, but manuals don't seem to have as much data on big bores.

Since I want to spend some quality time with my big guns. I thought I would play with some different loads to create some of my own data. So if anyone has input on these cals. I would love to hear it.

Also what powders are least sensitive to temp changes.

I was wondering if anyone has tried hogden hybrid 100v in a 375 Rum, 416 Rigby or Wby. It seems looking at the burn rate charts that it would be quite suitable for these cals.

I guess that it isn't cost efficient, because of low volume, but manuals don't seem to have as much data on big bores.

Since I want to spend some quality time with my big guns. I thought I would play with some different loads to create some of my own data. So if anyone has input on these cals. I would love to hear it.

Also what powders are least sensitive to temp changes.

I just built into 375 on a Remington 700 receiver and started to work up loads today.

Aside from the usual suspects like 4350, two powders stood out in the pack in preliminary testing.

100v was one of them...

.375 H&H M700 -
77.0 / 100V / 260gr Nosler Partition
2775 fps, spread 3, s.d. 1, .773" @100yd

FYI the other powder was N150. Very comparable results at 2800 ft./s with a standard deviation of 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.