AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
I am putting up for sale this fine double.

I am the second owner and the original owner bought it and put it in the safe and never shot it. I shot 120 rounds through it and have load data for 175gr bullets.
It comes with the original factory box, dies, 100 rounds of new brass, and 4 boxes of factory ammo. Delivered to your FFL. $7000

DSC_0194.JPG
DSC_0195.JPG
DSC_0196.JPG
DSC_0197.JPG
DSC_0198.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man!! An affordable way to own a Heym. What a beautiful rifle. And probably very accurate.

@AZDAVE I hope you don't mind boosting your thread? Heym 55s are very good quality guns. Yours specifically, isn't ruined/damaged. I see many that have had claw mounts installed...but the scope is missing. I've seen them with multiple claw bases installed...also with stuff missing. And lastly, I've seen them with excessive drop at comb so they cannot be used very well with or without optic.

Yours is an umolested example in a wonderful cartridge! I've owned a Heym 26b luxus and while nice, I think the 55 series is a higher quality gun as to engraving, safety design, and other features. (other than maybe wood slightly in favor of 26b)

P.S.- To whomever purchases, I think I have a couple boxes of factory loads from Germany and Austria if you're worried about plenty of brass or loaded ammo to get started.

P.P.S. - What can a 7x65r do? My son killed an eland with a 7x64 (rimless), and an oryx, so I'd say anything in North America and about every plains game in Africa should fear the caliber.

@rookhawk Please do, I always value your opinion

Back to the top, will consider partial trades and cash.

What a nice rifle, plus Heym quality. That is one rifle that will never be off face.

Double triggers I assume?

Lon

Yes it has double triggers.

And a cross bolt! Nothing else to want.

Wow! What a beautiful rifle. And a Heym for $7000.
It’s not rational that we Americans favor the PIA SxS doubles over O/U. :>)))).

What would this Heym cost if the barrels were oriented 90 degrees left or right.

Price drop to $6600

What is the story with that recoil pad ? It appears to be added on ?

Dave has a very long wingspan. It’s an extra pad to increase the LOP
Easily removed

@JMV375 @Altitude sickness is correct I have a Long LOP and it is the easiest way for me to get all the normal short LOP rifles out there to a proper lenght.

I really like this rifle! If I had slightly better negotiating skills, I would have talked Dave out of it already!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardasarock

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.