Hello From WA

PNW Skipper

Reaction score
Discovered this site while searching for info on a Unertl Programmer 200 riflescope of all things. Retired submarine skipper and nuclear field executive. Smallbore and Fullbore competitor at club level. Collect vintage custom smallbore target rifles of the 20th C. Lifelong North America game hunter, have lived all over the US. In my mid '70's now, and can feel my field time dwindling, so I think African hunting for me is most likely to be done here, vicariously!

Hello PNW Skipper,

Thank You for your service to this, once best country, to ever have jumped and breathed.

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Yours Truly recently turned 70 years young.
So, my knees (plus other skeletal hinges) feel your pain.

That having been said, life on this planet is short.
So, do not let it slip past without at least one African hunting trip.

Furthermore, even if you decide to book with one of the other excellent Safari Companies, here within this, the world’s greatest forum, I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, regarding what to bring and what not to bring.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Giday Skipper and welcome to the A H forums. You will find many of us here are in the same age bracket with more hunting days behind us then ahead. But scarcity make them all the sweeter.

Hello and welcome!

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH PNW Skipper! Thank you for your service. Enjoy exploring the site, good to have you with us.

Welcome PNW, it is never too late to hunt. The operators on this site will certainly organise you a hunt within your comfort zone. I too don't feel like trekking up mountains or fighting a clock on my hunt, and so it shall be.

:S Welcome:

Mid 70´s, no sweat, you can still do it :D Cheers:

Welcome to AH!

Discovered this site while searching for info on a Unertl Programmer 200 riflescope of all things. Retired submarine skipper and nuclear field executive. Smallbore and Fullbore competitor at club level. Collect vintage custom smallbore target rifles of the 20th C. Lifelong North America game hunter, have lived all over the US. In my mid '70's now, and can feel my field time dwindling, so I think African hunting for me is most likely to be done here, vicariously!
Welcome! My father shot his first animal in Africa at 80 years of age. So, my friend, you had best get planning :)

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like we're pretty close in age, tho I spent my service time exiting perfectly good aircraft BEFORE they landed.
As my Location mentions, I reside on the wet side in the PNW, so have had plenty of time to refine my backstroke...

Great bunch of folks here, so enjoy!

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrenGril

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.