Hello from Maryland

Bearded Hunter

Reaction score
Member of
NWTF
Heading to SA in July of 25. Looking forward to my first hunt. Something I have only dreamed about until now. This has been a bucket list hunt for me since I started hunting 40 years ago. Now I am in full overload. What to pack, what to shoot, practice, practice and more practice, traveling with a firearm, taxidermy costs etc. I will have a ton of questions over the next year. Glad I found the group.

Welcome aboard!

:S Welcome:

I am also headed to SA in 2025 although lot my first time but I can share in your planning and anticipation. Lots of information to sort through and stories and pix to keep your excitement high. Glad you joined!

Welcome to the forum, jump right in with questions or comments, folks here have lots to share

Been a long time since I lived in MD, grew up in the D.C. suburbs. Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Good day! Welcome to AH! Enjoy all the excitement in planning and counting the days!
Best regards
Johan

Welcome from Maryland!

Welcome to AH Bearded Hunter! Glad you found us.

Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us! What part of Maryland are you from?

Welcome to AH

From Havre de Grace right near the Susquehanna river.
Nice, I live out near Deep Creek Lake, western side of the state. Good luck on your safari next year, anything in particular you are wanting to hunt?

Nice, I live out near Deep Creek Lake, western side of the state. Good luck on your safari next year, anything in particular you are wanting to hunt?

I am from Maryland also. I live in Abingdon and am going on my first African Safari next month. The taxidermist that will be doing my work is out near you. Missy and Dan Martin of Reflections of the Wild in Oakland.

From Havre de Grace right near the Susquehanna river.

I am in Abingdon/ right down the road from you in Harford County. I am going on my first African Safari trip ever next month.

A hearty welcome from a fellow Marylander!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayJason

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg