Have You Applied for a Lion Permit?

Philip, where is the permit form you filled out to request the import. I looked all through the USFW web site and all I saw is what was posted above by MMAL, nothing said about how to and when to apply. My thinking is there is not a form yet for future lion hunters. Post a link to what forms you used. It has to have info inputted as to who and where you want to hunt and when!
Sierraone,
I have John Jackson with @Conservation Force working for me. They filed my permit for me. That way I can't mess it up! I have been in contact with them and we are just waiting at this point. Zimbabwe has submitted all the required info and passes all the "tests" for management and should receive the enhancement finding. That said Obamas people can just say no!
I will post any developments in this process of getting my lion permit.
Regards,
Philip

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote USFWS back in Jan. to get clarification of this . They basically stated that there has to be a reason for the permit in the stance that wildlife conservation was being practiced. I asked "What do you mean?" They said, "Just what I said." and I re-asked "What do you mean, because most of South Africa is high fenced and they use hunting to manage the game on private reserves?" They said they will go by case to case to make decisions. So, basically, just wait until the Kenyan is out of the orifice and pray Trump wins and appoints one of his sons to head up USFWS. If that happens, I predict there will be a big swooshing sound, as a ton of money goes as fast as possible from the US to Africa for lion and elephant hunts.

cmnhunt,
You are right in that they can just not issue a permit just on their own say so. The permitting process, if it is honest, will be issuing permits at least a few this year. If they do not start issuing permits soon then we will know for certain they are just political hacks and of course liars.
I detest the federal government for things like this. Our states do a much better job in all respects. I do not believe it is constitutional what is going on in our country but there is little we can do about it.
Frustrated!
Regards,
Philip

@Philip Glass I concur with your frustrations. I'm waiting to see how things work out in November to see if I'll have any chance of getting my lion back. We're basically looking at 8 good years or 8 terrible years for hunters depending on how things go.

Sigh.

It's like they know we exist but they also let themselves get caught up with the hype and they feel they have to do something lest they be accused of mismanagement. Kinda sad actually. We really need to make ourselves louder. More relentless writing of letters to U.S. officials, more coming together to make a point, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lufunom123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.