Greetings and salutations from West Georgia!

Hi, I’m the newest kid on the block at the moment. I‘m a native of West Georgia. Love to shoot, hunt and tinker with ELR rifles. I‘m the proud owner of a HEYM 88B SAFARI in .500 NITRO EXPRESS and would love to hear input and advice loading for it and shooting it. I have dreams of one day going on an AFRICAN hunt but for now it seems it’s still a dream far from reality. We can always hope can’t we?!!!
I‘m retired from the U S ARMY, (PARATROOPER, MFFJM) and RR Engineer with Southern Railway.
Wishing you all a great start to 2024!

View attachment 582627
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Im from Birmingham, got lake cabin and hunting land in Lagrange. Noticed u in West Ga. Might be neighbors!

Advice on Africa safari trip: the biggest single expense is the airfare if you plan right. The daily room, food etc on safari is very reasonable. The real cost is in what you shoot. Several plains animals can be had for a few hundred$ each, big buffalo set u back at least $10-12k. Set a budget and I bet with some good long term airfare strategies u can do it sooner than you think and take 3-6 fine plains game trophies. And the best plains game rifle u can have is a good old 30-06. With premium bullets at 180 or 200 grain u can kill anything EXCEPT dangerous game. I recommend getting the book by Craig Bodington, think the name is "African Rifles". Also he has a ton of free YouTube videos on safris which u might enjoy. How to, shot placement, etc. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard from a fellow Georgian. The best time to start planning your African safari was yesterday, but the sooner the better. There are plenty of folks here willing to share their vast knowledge base and experiences. Good luck on eventually getting to Africa to chase your dream. Once you finally make it over the once thing you won’t experience is regret.

G'day from Australia

Welcome aboard from Middle Georgia. I'm sure that was the ramp of one of our Air Force C-130s you were jumping from. (y)

Hi, I’m the newest kid on the block at the moment. I‘m a native of West Georgia. Love to shoot, hunt and tinker with ELR rifles. I‘m the proud owner of a HEYM 88B SAFARI in .500 NITRO EXPRESS and would love to hear input and advice loading for it and shooting it. I have dreams of one day going on an AFRICAN hunt but for now it seems it’s still a dream far from reality. We can always hope can’t we?!!!
I‘m retired from the U S ARMY, (PARATROOPER, MFFJM) and RR Engineer with Southern Railway.

View attachment 582627
Welcome to AH

View attachment 582627
Howdy neighbor, welcome aboard!!! I'm a newbie here as well and am also fond of long distance shooting. Just picked up a Sako L461 Vixen in .223 Remington and looking forward to trying it out at 600+ yards. And as others have mentioned thank you for your service Sir!

Welcome aboard from Middle Georgia. I'm sure that was the ramp of one of our Air Force C-130s you were jumping from. (y)
Love that bird, my Uncle was career Coast Guard and was both a rescue diver and a flight engineer. I spent a lot of time with him on base around C130s and H3F Pelicans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VNCFlorida

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you