Good books?

I've been working on a work of fiction for the last few years. Takes place in Africa in the early 1900s. Stay tuned. I'll notify you all hear when I publish on Amazon/KDP
+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the news. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.

+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the news. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.
I can't quite settle on a favorite; I read everything in sight, like a "bookworm", devouring one book after another.

Some slightly older literature.

F.C. Selous:
- A hunter's wanderings in Africa, being a narrative of nine years spent...
- Travel and Adventure in South-East Africa: Being the Narrative of the Last Eleven Years...
- Sport & Travel East and West
- Recent Hunting Trips in British North America

C.H. Stigand:
- To Abyssinia through an unknown land: an account of a journey ...
- Hunting the elephant in Africa: and other recollections ...
James Sutherland:
- The Adventures Of An Elephant Hunter
William Finaughty:
- The recollections of William Finaughty - elephant hunter

Roualeyn Gordon-Cumming:
- Five years of a hunter's life in the far interior of South Africa
William Cornwallis Harris:
- The wild sports in southern Africa

Any of the classic authors Capstick, Roosevelt. Hemingway, Bell, Ruark, are good reading. One by Peter Barrett is a personal favorite.

Newer books by Kevin Thomas, Kevin Robertson (look in addition to and beyond the perfect shot book!) Walt Prothero, Buzz Charltons book was a fun read.

Craig Boddington for the beginning africa hunters. I really liked Donald Donarski’s book which was a useful primer before my first trip.
Been meaning to jump into Sue Tidwell’s book when I finish the Cabelas book which is surprisingly good.

That’s off top of my head, there are libraries more to explore, lots of book reviews on this site as well

+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the new reviews about books, this resource gradesfixer.com/conclusion-generator/ also does it very well. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.
I have indeed analyzed my acquisitions, and I'll share what I bought in print after reading in electronic format. Perhaps this is my top list:
  1. "Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)​
  2. "The Man-Eaters of Tsavo" by John Henry Patterson​
  3. "Long Walk to Freedom" by Nelson Mandela​
  4. "The Elephant Whisperer" by Lawrence Anthony with Graham Spence​
  5. "Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton​
  6. "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith​
So, I recommend these for reading.

Attachments

• The Rifle and Hound in Ceylon, by Sir Samuel White Baker.pdf
    847.3 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.